Gofel 400mg Tablets
By CANIDRIN PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gofel 400mg Tablets Description
Gofel 400mg Tablets is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, sinus, urinary tract (UTI) and certain sexually transmitted diseases also. It contains gatifloxacin as its active ingredient that belongs to a group of medicines called fluoroquinolones antibiotics. It is important to inform the doctor if you have allergies related to gatifloxacin or antibiotic usage. Gofel 400mg Tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the Gofel 400mg Tablets ....
|You Save||₹13.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Headache,nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Gatifloxacin
Uses of Gofel 400mg Tablets
For the treatment of lungs, sinus, urinary tract infection (UTI) and certain sexually transmitted diseases.
Contraindications of Gofel 400mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to gatifloxacin or any other medicine belonging to the fluoroquinolones class or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history or currently have any kind of heart-related condition and you are taking medications for that. You must inform the doctor.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have a condition of hypokalemia (low blood potassium).
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is not recommended for use in children.
Side effects of Gofel 400mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gofel 400mg Tablets
Can I take Gofel 400mg Tablets during pregnancy?
Gofel 400mg Tablets is not recommended during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the fetus. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or become pregnant during treatment.
Can I take Gofel 400mg Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk. Therefore, a breastfeeding woman should take Gofel 400mg Tablets only if prescribed by her doctor. Do not self-medicate.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gofel 400mg Tablets?
This medicine may cause dizziness as a side effect. So you should be cautious while driving during the treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Gofel 400mg Tablets?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Gofel 400mg Tablets . However, long-term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are not sure about the suspected bacterial infection, as it may increase the risk of
- the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays. While going out in the sun, cover the skin and apply sunscreen.
- You experience diarrhoea. Do not take anti-diarrheal medicine, without consulting a doctor.
- You experience any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Gofel 400mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Gofel 400mg Tablets works by inhibiting the enzymes that are important for the replication of bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Gofel 400mg Tablets
- Gofel 400mg Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gofel 400mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Gofel 400mg Tablets tablet works or Gofel 400mg Tablets tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines simultaneously such as anti-reflux medicine like cisapride, antipsychotic medicines, antibiotics like erythromycin, anti-depressants etc. As they can affect the heart....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are water pills such as furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, antidiabetic medicines etc.
- Try to keep a gap of at least 4 hours if you are taking multivitamins and antacids during the treatment with Gofel 400mg Tablets. As these medications can interfere with the activity of Gofel 400mg Tablets....
Storage and disposal of Gofel 400mg Tablets
- Store Gofel 400mg Tablets at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Gofel 400mg Tablets
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, Gofel 400mg Tablets may cause vomiting, shakiness, fits etc. Contact your doctor immediately in case you experience any kind of unusual symptoms or rush to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Gofel 400mg Tablets , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Gofel 400mg Tablets once my symptoms reduce?
A: No, complete the entire course of Gofel 400mg Tablets as prescribed by your doctor, even if your symptoms start reducing. Abruptly stopping the medicine may lead to reinfection.
Q: When should I take the Gofel 400mg Tablets ?
A: Gofel 400mg Tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor. You can take it any time of the day. It should be taken regularly at evenly spaced intervals as per the schedule prescribed by your doctor. Taking it at the same time will reduce the chances of missing the dose and it will also help you to get optimum results. Do not miss any dose or take it more than recommended by the doctor.
Q: What is the composition of Gofel 400mg Tablets ?
A: Gofel 400mg Tablets composition consists of gatifloxacin as an active ingredient. It belongs to an antibiotic class of medicines that are used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, throat, airways, sinus and certain sexually transmitted diseases.
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay