Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Gliclazide and Metformin. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any heart, liver or kidney problems. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed for by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. You should tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements you take and also about all the diseases or conditions you suffer from or if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, stomach pain, etc
- If you have diabetic pre-coma
- If you have any severe infection
- If you are suffering from dehydration
- If you have a hereditary disease - porphyria
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you consume alcohol in excess
- If you are taking miconazole to treat fungal infections
Side effects of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Skin problems like the peeling of skin
- Blurred vision
- Increased liver enzymes or jaundice
Precautions and Warnings of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is advisable to not breastfeed if you are taking this medicine, as it passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effect, then it is advisable not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any kind of infection
- You have undergone any surgery
- You have a history of an allergic reaction
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You are suffering from dehydration
- You are at risk of having high blood sugar
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency)
- The use of this medicine has not been studied in children and adolescents
Mode of Action of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
It acts by stimulating insulin secretion from the β-cells of the pancreas and increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. It also helps to restore the body's proper response to the insulin it naturally produces.
Directions for Use of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains gliclazide & metformin, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Medicines which may interact with Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets are water pills like furosemide, Antituberculosis medicine like rifampicin, Oral contraceptives, antiepileptic medicine (to treat fits or epilepsy) like phenytoin, medicines used in psychiatric illness like alprazolam, etc.read less
Storage and disposal of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Glykind M Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid fruits like mango, jackfruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 04:44 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved