Glyciphage Sr 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Glyciphage Sr 500 MG Description
Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It contains metformin as the active component. This medicine is used for the treatment of type-2 diabetes. Diabetes is a disorder characteris
ed by uncontrolled high blood sugar. Type-2 Diabetes is a type of diabetes where the cells of the body become non-responsive to insulin, a hormone that reduces the increased levels of blood sugar. Side effects such as loss of taste, vomiting, loss of appetite may be experienced while using this medicine. It should be avoided in pregnant women and lactating mothers. Before using Glyciphage SR 500, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹3.19 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Loss of appetite, nausea, headache, vomiting, stomachache|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet is used for the treatment of Type-2 diabetes
Contraindications of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other ingredients of Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are an alcoholic (you daily consume alcohol in excess).
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney. Infections can increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
Side effects of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Mild diarrhoea
Precautions and Warnings of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
Can I take Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
This medicine can be taken during pregnancy if it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Metformin is known to pass into breast milk, however, the amount is significantly low to cause any side effects. So, this medicine could be taken by breastfeeding mother only if prescribed by her doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet?
If you are taking the Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet along with other antidiabetic medicines, there's a chance that your blood sugar may drop. You may experience dizziness, increased sweating, weakness and difficulty concentrating that can impair your driving ability. Thus, you must take extra care when driving. Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car while driving. In case you experience any of the symptoms, stop driving immediately and have the sugar/juice. Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet?
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking the Glyciphage SR 500 mg Tablet. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called Lactic Acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience severe acid-base imbalance in the body.
- You have a severe kidney disorder.
- You have undergone surgery.
- You are suffering from continuous diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate. Metformin does not usually cause sudden low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If Metformin is prescribed with other anti-diabetic medications, low blood sugar may occur....
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as Lactic Acidosis.
- Stop taking Glyciphage SR 500 for a short time if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea.
Directions for Use of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. ...
Storage and disposal of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
- Store Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
In case of overdose of Glyciphage SR tablet, there is an increased risk of low blood sugar levels and lactic acidosis may occur. The symptoms of lactic acidosis include vomiting, stomach ache and difficulty in breathing. Call your doctor immediately if these symptoms are observed....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember with food. However, if it is time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Mode of Action of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called Insulin. Insulin drives glucose (sugar) from the blood to enter inside the cell. Then this glucose is utilized as energy by the cell.
- If you have diabetes mellitus, your pancreas either does not make enough insulin or your body is unable to use the insulin it produces properly (insulin resistance). As a result, glucose is not able to enter into the cells and this leads to a high level of glucose in your blood....
- Glyciphage SR 500 mg Tablet works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Interactions of Glyciphage Sr 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of painkillers such as ibuprofen also known as NSAID with this medicine increase the risk of side effects associated with the kidney.
- Medicines like steroids, medicines to reduce high blood pressure and water pills tend to alter the blood sugar levels. Hence, they should not be taken together.
Interactions with food items
Glyciphage SR tablet reduces the absorption of Vitamin B12 injections. Hence, a regular check-up of serum Vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters is recommended.
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can all patients with Type-2 diabetes take Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet?
A: One should always consult the doctor before taking Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet. Also, patients with kidney and liver problems are often advised not to take this medicine.
Q: What lifestyle should I adopt while taking Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet?
A: For best results, complement your treatment with Glyciphage SR 500 mg tablet with a strict diet and exercise.
Q: What is lactic acidosis?
A: The build-up of lactic acid in the blood is referred to as lactic acidosis. Its symptoms include muscle pain, stomachache, feeling dizzy and cold and difficulty breathing.
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
A: A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food. Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil). Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks in-between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What is the best time to take the Glyciphage?
A: Glyciphage should be taken exactly as told by the doctor. However, it's best to take the Glyciphage with a meal to reduce the side effects.
Q: Are Glyciphage and metformin the same?
A: Yes, Glyciphage contains metformin as its active ingredient.
Q: What is the composition of Glyciphage SR 500?
A: The composition of Glyciphage SR 500 consists of metformin as its active component.
Q: What is the side effect of Glyciphage?
A: Loss of appetite, nausea, headache, vomiting, stomachache are a few common side effects that can be seen during the treatment. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: When should I take Glyciphage 500?
A: Glyciphage 500 should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor. It should preferably be taken with or immediately after meals. But it's important to take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume more than what is prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I take Glyciphage Sr 500 for PCOS?
A: Do not take this medicine for any other medical condition other than what it is prescribed for. Hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine to treat PCOS. Refrain from self-medication.
Q: What is Glyciphage Sr 500 used for?
A: Glyciphage SR 500 is an anti-diabetic medicine that is used for the treatment of Type-2 diabetes,
- Metformin is an oral antidiabetic drug for the treatment of diabetes. Learn how it works to lower blood sugar, its benefits, side effects & use for weight loss. [Internet]. Diabetes. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO - Metformin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Misbin R. The Phantom of Lactic Acidosis due to Metformin in Patients With Diabetes. 2021. [cited 14 March 2022]
- Metformin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- GLYCIPHAGE 500 MG ORAL SOLUTION 60 ML
- GLYCIPHAGE 500MG STRIP OF 20 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE 250MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE G 2MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE 850MG TABLET
- GLYCIPHAGE PG 2MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE G 0.5MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE PG 2MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- GLYCIPHAGE 100MG SOLU 100ML
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed