Biciphage Sr 500mg Tablet
By BIOCHEM PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab is an antidiabetic medicine which is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It is composed of the salt metformin, and it belongs to the biguanide class of medicines.
Uses of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (a non-insulin dependent diabetes)
Contraindications of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Heart problems/failure
- Allergy to the medicine
- Severe kidney and liver diseases
- Alcohol addiction
- Respiratory disease
Side effects of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
- Common side effects of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab include loss of appetite, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, mild diarrhoea, altered sense of taste, skin rashes, redness, itching and hives, and lowered levels of vitamin B12read less
- Serious side effects of the medicine include lactic acidosis (symptoms include: nausea, vomiting, generalized muscle weakness and rapid breathing), hypoglycemia and abnormal liver function (symptoms include: yellowing of the eyes and skin)read less
Precautions and Warnings of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Do not use this medicine during or if you are planning pregnancy as it is harmful to the foetus.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not use this medicine while breastfeeding as it is known to pass into breastmilk.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
The usage of this medicine may cause undesirable effects such as faintness or drowsiness. Do not drive or operate tools and machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Do not consume alcohol in large quantities as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You wish to start, alter or stop this medicine on your own
- This medicine is to be given to children
- Upon completion of treatment
Mode of Action of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab facilitates the entry of sugar into the cells by lowering the amount of sugar formed in the liver and reducing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestines.
Directions for Use of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
- Administer this medication as prescribed by your doctor
- Do not overdose yourself with this medicine
- This medicine is for oral use only
- Swallow this medicine whole with water
- Do not chew, crush or break this medicine
Interactions of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medicines for the treatment of heart or blood pressure
- Medicines used in the treatment of pain and inflammation
- Thyroid medicines
Interactions with food items
This medicine decreases the absorption of vitamin B12 with prolonged use; therefore, consult your doctor for appropriate dietary restrictions.
Other general Interactions
- Liver disorders
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Heart problems/ failure
Storage and disposal of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiration date mentioned on it
- Store this medicine in a closed container
- Store this medicine at room temperatures not exceeding 25 degrees celsius
- This medicine does not need any special storage conditions
- Follow medical waste management protocol in the disposal of this medicine
Dosage of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab
The dosage of Biciphage Sr 500mg Tab is for limited administration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take extra medicine for any reason as it may lead to the severe side effects associated with this medicine. If you suspect an overdose of this medicine, seek immediate medical assistance.
Missed a Dose
This medicine is prescribed for a course that involves regular intake. Do not miss a dose of this medicine. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and take the following dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let my healthcare provider know before starting this medicine?
A: You should report your complete medical history along with any history of liver and kidney disorders to your doctor.
Q: How long should I use this medicine?
A: The duration of your treatment with this medicine is determined by your doctor. Consult your doctor about the same.
Q: I read that this medicine causes weight loss. Should I be concerned?
A: The usage of this medication leads to weight loss, which is considered as a desirable side effect among diabetic young, middle-aged and obese patients.
Q: Does the intake of this medicine lead to a sudden lowering of blood sugar?
A: There is no sudden or rapid lowering of blood sugar caused by this medication; however, it is possible if combined with other antidiabetic medications. Caution is advised.
Q: When can I stop using this medicine?
A: It is not advisable to stop the usage of this medicine on your own. At the completion of the course of this medication, follow up with your doctor to determine if you should continue this medicine or not.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved