Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S Description
Glyciphage P Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication that is taken orally to improve control of blood sugar levels in adults with Type 2 diabetes. It is a condition where your pancreas does not make en
ough insulin to control your blood sugar levels and your body is unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and poor blood flow in your hands and legs. Glyciphage P Tablet is a combination of two active substances, pioglitazone and metformin that work to reduce blood sugar levels and control Type 2 diabetes. It is to be used only in adults older than 18 years. Take Glyciphage P Tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pioglitazone(30.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of appetite|
Uses of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
Contraindications of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to metformin, pioglitazone, or any other ingredient of Glyciphage P Tablet.
- If you have or had heart failure, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- If you have or had bladder cancer or visible blood in the urine.
- If you had a heart attack, shock, breathing problems, or any other disease which may reduce the amount of oxygen supplied to the body tissues.
- If you have very low blood sugar levels, diabetic ketoacidosis, or lactic acidosis.
- If you drink alcohol or alcohol-containing beverages excessively or regularly.
- If you have a severe infection or are dehydrated.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are going to have a certain type of X-ray with an injectable dye.
Side effects of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
Other General Warnings
- You are older than 75 years, have heart disease or experience symptoms like difficulty breathing, rapid increase in weight or swelling of the hands and feet.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or a condition known as ketosis.
- You take medicines for high blood pressure, diuretics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
- You are dehydrated or anaemic.
- You have a type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema and you notice changes in your vision.
- You have liver disease or cysts in your ovary (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- You are scheduled to undergo surgery soon.
- You develop symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, breathing difficulty, tiredness after taking this medicine.
- You experience symptoms like weakness, dizziness, increased sweating, vision disturbances, difficulty concentrating after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
- Glyciphage P Tablet contains a combination of pioglitazone and metformin as its active substances.
- Pioglitazone allows the body to make better use of the insulin that it produces by making the fat, muscle and liver cells more sensitive to insulin.
- Metformin stops the production of glucose and also reduces its absorption in the body.
- As a result, the level of blood sugar is reduced which helps to control Type 2 diabetes.
Directions for Use of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
- Take Glyciphage P as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glyciphage P Tablet works, or Glyciphage P itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Glyciphage P Tablet should not be used if undergoing X-ray with a certain type of injectable dye called iodinated contrast agents.
- Care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat pain and fever (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen, paracetamol), high blood pressure (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, ramipril, losartan), heartburn (cimetidine), high cholesterol (gemfibrozil), immune system suppression (glucocorticoids), asthma (salmeterol, bambuterol)....
Storage and disposal of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glyciphage P 30mg Tablet 10'S
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Type 2 diabetes mellitus?
Q: How should I take this Glyciphage P Tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Glyciphage P Tablet when my blood sugar range goes back to normal?
Other Products from this Brand
- Glyciphage 500 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Glyciphage Sr 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage G 2 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage 250 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glyciphage 850 Mg Tablet
- Glyciphage Pg 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glyciphage G 2 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Glyciphage P 15 200 Mg Tablets 15
- Glyciphage G 0 5 Mg Tablet 10 S
- Glyciphage 100 Mg Solu 100 Ml