Glicol 80mg Tablet
Glicol 80 MG Description
Glicol Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It helps to lower the blood sugar levels in adult patients with a known history of diabetes mellitus that cannot be controlled by exercise, diet and insuli
treatment alone. Glicol Tablet contains gliclazide as an active ingredient. The medicine is not recommended in children or in patients that require insulin. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Glicol Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history.
- Glizid 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Reclide 80mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.25₹ 92.86₹ 6.19/Tablet
- Mclazide 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.00₹ 69.70₹ 4.65/Tablet
- Cyblex 80mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.49₹ 99.87₹ 6.66/Tablet
- Dianorm 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.00₹ 54.40₹ 5.44/Tablet
- Glycinorm 80mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.20₹ 69.87₹ 6.99/Tablet
- Glycigon 80mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.00₹ 56.95₹ 5.7/Tablet
- Diamicron 80mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Servier India Private Limited (formerly Known As Serdia Pharmaceuticals (india) Pvt Ltd)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 83.60₹ 71.06₹ 7.11/Tablet
- Euclide 80mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.50₹ 82.02₹ 8.2/Tablet
- Glz 80mg TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 78.70₹ 66.89₹ 6.69/Tablet
Uses of Glicol 80 MG
Contraindications of Glicol 80 MG
- You may have an allergic to gliclazide or other ingredients of Glicol Tablet.
- You may have type 1 diabetes.
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have ketones and sugar in the urine.
- You may have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- You are a diabetic patient undergoing surgery, after severe trauma or during infections.
- You may suffer from a hereditary disease - porphyria.
- Taking a medicine called miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- You are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Glicol 80 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Glicol 80 MG
- Glicol Tablet cause low blood sugar levels, that leads to dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. This impairs the driving ability.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car, in case you feel uneasy, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Please note that artificial sweeteners do not help. Consult the doctor whether you can drive a car if you have few or no warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)....
Other General Warnings
- You may have problems with the liver and kidney.
- You may suffer from disorders like thyroid disorders, hypopituitarism and adrenal insufficiency.
- You are at risk of developing low blood sugar. Risk factors for low blood glucose levels are missing meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, having more dose of the medicine than prescribed by the doctor, alcohol consumption, fasting....
- You may experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You may have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You must follow a regular diet and must not skip or delay meals.
- Glicol Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Glicol 80 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glicol 80 MG
Interactions of Glicol 80 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Glicol Tablet works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. You should inform the doctor if the child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Taking antibiotic, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, medicines to treat heart problems, asthma, mental health problems, high blood pressure, infection, gout, stomach ulcer.
- Glicol Tablet must not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat the infection) as it may cause low blood sugar and may lead to coma.
- Concomitant use of Glicol Tablet along with Phenylbutazone is not recommended.
Storage and disposal of Glicol 80 MG
- Store Glicol Tablet below 25°C at a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Glicol 80 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Glicol Tablet?
Q: How does Glicol Tablet works?
Q: Can Glicol Tablet be used in children?
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021].
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Gliclazide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
- GLICLAZIDE - Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]