By FOURRTS INDIA LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gliclam Tab is an anti-diabetic medicine. It helps to lower the blood sugar levels in adult patients with a known history of diabetes mellitus that cannot be controlled by exercise, diet and insulin
treatment alone. Gliclam Tab contains gliclazide as an active ingredient. The medicine is not recommended in children or in patients that require insulin. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Gliclam Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history....
Uses of Gliclam Tab
Gliclam Tab is used to treat maturity-onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Contraindications of Gliclam Tab
- You may have an allergic to gliclazide or other ingredients of Gliclam Tab .
- You may have type 1 diabetes.
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have ketones and sugar in the urine.
- You may have diabetic pre-coma or coma.
- You are a diabetic patient undergoing surgery, after severe trauma or during infections.
- You may suffer from a hereditary disease - porphyria.
- Taking a medicine called miconazole to treat fungal infection.
- You are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Gliclam Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gliclam Tab
Can I take Gliclam Tab during pregnancy?
Gliclam Tab must be avoided during pregnancy as there is no or limited safety data available, please consult the doctor. If pregnancy detected while taking the medicine, inform the doctor immediately.
Can I take Gliclam Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if gliclazide passes into human milk, thus Gliclam Tab must not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive after consuming Gliclam Tab ?
- Gliclam Tab cause low blood sugar levels, that leads to dizziness, drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. This impairs the driving ability.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car, in case you feel uneasy, immediately have the juice or chocolate. Please note that artificial sweeteners do not help. Consult the doctor whether you can drive acar if you have few or no warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)....Read more
Can I consume alcohol with Gliclam Tab ?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol with Gliclam Tab as it affects blood glucose levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the liver and kidney.
- You may suffer from disorders like thyroid disorders, hypopituitarism and adrenal insufficiency.
- You are at risk of developing low blood sugar. Risk factors for low blood glucose levels are missing meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, having more dose of the medicine than prescribed by the doctor, alcohol consumption, fasting....Read more
- You may experience headaches, intense hunger, nausea, vomiting, sleep disorders, restlessness, aggressiveness, depression, confusion, speech or visual disorders, fits, dizziness.
- You may have a hereditary condition called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You must follow a regular diet and must not skip or delay meals.
- Gliclam Tab is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Gliclam Tab
How Does It Work?
The pancreas has beta cells that are responsible for the production of insulin. Gliclazide in Gliclam Tab increases those beta cells, thus producing more insulin, hence helps in lowering the blood su
Directions for Use of Gliclam Tab
Gliclam Tab must be taken as directed by the doctor. Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results and must not consume it more than
that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Gliclam Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Gliclam Tab works, or the medicine itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. You should inform the doctor if the child has a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Taking antibiotic, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, medicines to treat heart problems, asthma, mental health problems, high blood pressure, infection, gout, stomach ulcer.
- Gliclam Tab must not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat the infection) as it may cause low blood sugar and may lead to coma.
- Concomitant use of Gliclam Tab along with Phenylbutazone is not recommended.
Storage and disposal of Gliclam Tab
- Store Gliclam Tab below 25°C at a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gliclam Tab
Symptoms of overdose may lead to low blood pressure causing symptoms like headache, dizziness, sweating, hunger, shakiness, weakness, double vision, confusion, palpitations. Seek urgent medical help i
n case you have consumed too much of Gliclam Tab or experience symptoms....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss the blood sugar medicines. If you missed a dose of Gliclam Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regul
ar dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Gliclam Tab ?
A: Gliclam Tab is used in adults to treat maturity onset diabetes, diabetes with or without obesity in adults when diet, exercise, weight loss or insulin therapy fail to provide adequate results.
Q: How does Gliclam Tab works?
A: In patients with diabetes type 2, the body fails to produce make enough insulin or utilizing insulin properly. Gliclam Tab helps to increase the amount of insulin in the body and then lowers the blood sugar levels to maintain normal levels of sugar in the body.
Q: Can Gliclam Tab be used in children?
A: No, Gliclam Tab is not recommended for use in children.
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021].
- Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Gliclazide [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
- GLICLAZIDE - Gliclazide 80 mg Tablets [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 9 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:23 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved