Gamascab 1% Lotion 100ml
By NULIFE PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Lotion in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gamascab 1 % Description
Gamascab Lotion is an antiparasitic medicine that is used to treat scabies (a skin infection) and pediculosis (lice infestation). It contains Lindane as its active component. It works by killing the
tiny insects (mites) and their eggs, which cause scabies. Gamascab Lotion should be used in the dose and duration as advised by the doctor. It should be applied to the affected area only. Wash your hands properly before using this lotion and also read the label for directions for use. Inform your doctor if you have known allergies to Gamascab Lotion.
|Side effects||Itching, rash or burning sensation at application site|
Check more medicines with composition as Lindane(1.0 %)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Gamascab 1% Lotion 100ml
- Scaboma Lotion 100mlBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals100ml Lotion in BottleMRP 108.50₹ 92.2246.82% CHEAPER₹ 0.92/Millilitre
Uses of Gamascab 1 %
- Scabies (a skin infection)
- Pediculosis (lice infestation)
Contraindications of Gamascab 1 %
- If you are allergic or have a history of allergy to Gamascab Lotion or any of its components.
- If you are suffering from seizures.
- If you have any kind of skin problem.
- If you have a condition of crusted (Norwegian) scabies (a severe form of scabies that can occur in some persons having weak immunity or elderly or disabled).
- If you have recently used this lotion for the treatment.
- If you have a history of an allergic reaction after applying this lotion.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you going to use it for premature infants because their skin is very sensitive. It can go through the skin of babies and affect the brain as well.
Side effects of Gamascab 1 %
- Hair loss
- Burning or prickling sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Gamascab 1 %
Can I take Gamascab 1% Lotion 100ml during pregnancy?
There is limited safety data available about the use of Gamascab Lotion in pregnant women. Hence, it should not be used unless it is prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Gamascab Lotion while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine might pass into the breastmilk when Gamascab Lotion is applied topically to the breast area. It might cause toxicity in the breastfed baby. Hence, it is essential to consult your doctor before using this lotion while breastfeeding. Avoid using it in areas near the breast in case it is prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gamascab Lotion?
Gamascab Lotion is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Gamascab 1% Lotion 100ml?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Gamascab Lotion. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have used Gamascab Lotion in past few months.
- You have a history or currently having a medical condition of seizures.
- You are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- You have HIV or AIDS.
- You are taking any brain-related medicines such as sedatives.
- You are already taking any other medicine, to avoid the risk of having a seizure if you take them while using this lotion.
Mode of Action of Gamascab 1 %
How Does It Work?
Gamascab Lotion medicine works by killing the parasites. Lindane present in this medicine exhibits parasiticidal action. It kills insects or mites and their eggs which are responsible for scabies by going through the skin....
Directions for Use of Gamascab 1 %
- Use Gamascab Lotion exactly as directed by the doctor and read the label carefully before use.
- It is meant for external applications only.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in this lotion, unless they are the area being treated.
Interactions of Gamascab 1 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Gamascab Lotion is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription), supplements, herbal preparations or other topical preparations for treating other health conditions....
- In particular, if you are taking medications for seizures, avoid any undesirable effects to prevent the risk of having seizures.
Storage and disposal of Gamascab 1 %
- Store Gamascab Lotion at room temperature in a cool dry place (15°-30°C).
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep it in a tightly closed container.
Dosage of Gamascab 1 %
As Gamascab Lotion is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. If you happened to apply it in an excessive amount, then wipe off the excess of this lotion. Contact your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms or accidental ingestion....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying it, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is scabies?
A: Scabies is a contagious and itchy skin condition of skin infestation caused by tiny insects called mites. It is characterized by symptoms like intense itching, redness or bumps etc.
Q: How to use Gamascab Lotion?
- Your doctor will decide the duration of the application for Gamascab Lotion.
- Apply a thin layer of this lotion all over the body from head to down.
- Apply this lotion on the infected skin area only as directed by the doctor.
- Do not put it inside the mouth, eyes or any body cavities.
- One application is sufficient, but if symptoms persist and there is evidence of live mites and lice, then treatment may be repeated after 5-6 days.
Q: Can we use Gamascab Lotion for children?
A: Gamascab Lotion can be used with caution in children. It can be used in a diluted form or as directed by the doctor. Use it only if prescribed by the doctor. You must use it exactly the way the doctor advised.
Q: Are there any side effects of Gamascab Lotion?
A: Itching, redness, rash or burning sensation at the application site are a few common side effects of this lotion. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed