Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gabapin 100 tablet contains gabapentin as its active ingredient, mainly used along with other medicine to help control certain types of seizures (fits) and neuropathic pain (pain due to damaged nerves
). Gabapentin in this medicine acts by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain and changing the way the body senses pain signals. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Sudden stopping of this medicine may worsen the underlying condition. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of this medicine....
Uses of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- As an adjuvant with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures (unusual electrical activity affects a small area of the brain).
- It is also used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves).
Contraindications of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you are allergic to gabapentin or any other ingredients of the Gabapin 100.
Side effects of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Dry mouth, constipation, flatulelnce
- Impaired coordination
- Fatigue, fever
- Viral infection
- Back pain, muscle pain
- Vomiting, nausea
Precautions and Warnings of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Gabapin 100 Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take Gabapin 100 during pregnancy, unless advised by your doctor after assessing the need. Thus, always inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Gabapin the 100 Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed while on the Gabapin 100 Tablet as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits and need.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Gabapin 100 Tablet?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes a low mood after taking the Gabapin 100 Tablet. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during the initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Gabapin 100 Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with the Gabapin 100 Tablet. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You have heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorders.
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be a sign of pancreatitis.
- You are elderly the risk of getting side effects are more.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- Gabapin 100 Tablet should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
- Gabapin 100 Tablet can cause dependence and abuse, talk to your doctor if you have a history of drug abuse.
- Gabapin 100 should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The exact mechanism of action of gabapentin is uncertain. Yet, according to the anticipated mechanism gabapentin acts on specific receptors in the brain and reduces the release of chemicals responsibl
e for the sensation of pain. It produces anti-seizure action by reducing the release of neurotransmitters responsible for the generation of seizures....
Directions for Use of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Gabapin 100 tablet works or Gabapin 100 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone.
- If you are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems.
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospita
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a
double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and the spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using the Gabapin 100 Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
Q: Why is the Gabapin 100 Tablet used after surgery?
A: Gabapin 100 is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain felt post-surgery.
Q: Will Gabapin 100 help me with sleep?
A: Gabapin 100 Tablet is not used primarily to treat a sleeping disorder. However, Gabapentin has the most common side effect as sleepiness, dizziness. Thus, you may feel sleepy while in this medicine.
Q: Can Gabapin 100 tablet cause weight gain?
A: Weight gain is not a common side effect of Gabapin100. If this side effect bothers you, talk to your doctor for more information.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Jun 2021 | 08:18 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved