Gabapin 100mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Gabapin 100 MG Description
Gabapin 100 tablet is an anti-seizure medicine. It contains gabapentin as its active ingredient. This tablet is used with other medicines for controlling seizures (fits). It is also used for neuropat
hic pain (pain due to damaged nerves). Gabapentin in Gabapin acts by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain and changing the way the body senses pain signals. The dose, frequency and duration of the treatment of this medicine will be decided by your doctor. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Before starting the treatment with Gabapin 100, inform your doctor about all your medical and medication history.
Uses of Gabapin 100 MG
- As an adjuvant with other medicines for the treatment of partial seizures (unusual electrical activity affects a small area of the brain).
- It is also used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage to nerves).
Contraindications of Gabapin 100 MG
Side effects of Gabapin 100 MG
- Viral infection
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
- Decreased appetite
- Impaired coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Gabapin 100 MG
- It is recommended not to breastfeed while on the Gabapin 100 Tablet as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits and need.
Other General Warnings
- You experience behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- You have heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorders.
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine, seek medical help as it can be a sign of pancreatitis.
- You are elderly the risk of getting side effects are more.
- You experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor.
- Gabapin 100 Tablet should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
- Gabapin 100 Tablet can cause dependence and abuse, talk to your doctor if you have a history of drug abuse.
- Gabapin 100 should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gabapin 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gabapin 100 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Gabapin 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Gabapin 100 tablet works or Gabapin 100 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor.
- You may experience breathing difficulties if you are taking medicines called opioids such as fentanyl, hydrocodone and methadone.
- If you are taking medicines to treat seizures, fits, anxiety, depression or other neurological problems.
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Gabapin 100 MG
- Store this medicine below 30°C protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gabapin 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using the Gabapin 100 Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.