Gababit Mn Tablet
Gababit Mn Tablet Description
Gababit Mn Tablet contains gabapentin and methylcobalamin as its active ingredient. It is used to provide relief from neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). It helps in the formation of nerve c
ells and regenerates the damaged nerves and thus reduces the pain sensation by altering the release of pain signals. Gabapentin relieves pain arising due to nerve damage, compression in nerves. You should take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Avoid driving or handling any machinery after taking Gababit Mn, as this medicine can make you less alert. Before starting with this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines you are consuming and any other health issues you have such as heart problems, liver or kidney problems.
|Contains||Gabapentin(300.0 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, confusion, dizziness, sleepiness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Gababit Mn Tablet
Contraindications of Gababit Mn Tablet
- If you are allergic to Gabapentin, Methylcobalamin or other ingredients of the Gababit Mn Tablet.
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco like cigar and pipe.
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, in pregnant women.
Side effects of Gababit Mn Tablet
- Difficulty in movement
- Chest pain
- Feeling sick
Precautions and Warnings of Gababit Mn Tablet
- Avoid breastfeeding during the treatment with the Gababit Mn Tablet as it may harm the newborn baby.
- The doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits and needs.
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from behavioural change and have suicidal thoughts after taking the Gababit Mn Tablet.
- You have heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorders.
- You develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine.
- You are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more.
- You develop allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, inform the doctor.
- The medicine must not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances.
Mode of Action of Gababit Mn Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gababit Mn Tablet
Interactions of Gababit Mn Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are using medicines like morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to the doctor.
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are using medicines to treat fits like phenobarbitone, primidone, phenytoin and ethyl phenacemide.
- Antacids must be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of the Gababit Mn Tablet.
- It must not be taken at the same time with antibiotics like tetracycline as it reduces the effectiveness of antibiotics.
- Cough medicine like hydrocodone, cancer medicines like methotrexate reduces the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines like cholestyramine, neomycin, cimetidine, ranitidine, metformin and nitrous oxide interact with the action of this medicine.
- Discuss with the doctor regarding other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you take to avoid possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Gababit Mn Tablet
- Store below 30°C and protect it from sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gababit Mn Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
Q: Is Gababit Mn Tablet safe?
Q: What is the use of Gababit Mn Tablet?
Q: Will a higher than the recommended dose of Gababit Mn Tablet be more effective?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Gabil Tablet [Internet]. Biocon.com. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Neurontin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Gabapentin 300 mg capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]