Forenza 325mg Tablet
Forenza 325mg Tablet Description
Forenza Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic ac
id as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Forenza Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Pecef Duo 200mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 502.75₹ 427.34₹
- Kefmax Cv 200mg TabletBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 386.00₹ 386.00₹
- Cefoprox Cv 325mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.38₹ 296.97₹
- Swich Cv 325mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 370.00₹ 314.50₹
- Oxipod Cv 200 Mg Tablets 10'sBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 352.00₹ 299.20₹
- Gudcef Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 290.40₹ 203.28₹
- Doxcef Cv 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 387.76₹ 329.60₹
- Zedocef Cv 200mg Tablet 10'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 309.75₹ 309.75₹
- Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Genix10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 310.00₹ 310.00₹
- Bactogard Cv 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 321.90₹ 321.90₹
Uses of Forenza 325mg Tablet
Contraindications of Forenza 325mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Forenza Tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Forenza 325mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Forenza 325mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Forenza Tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Forenza 325mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Forenza Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Forenza 325mg Tablet
Interactions of Forenza 325mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Forenza Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Forenza 325mg Tablet
- Store Forenza Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Forenza 325mg Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Forenza Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Forenza Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Forenza Tablet?
Q: Can I take Forenza Tablet for flu?
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Forenza Tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Forenza Tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]