Foracort Forte Rotacaps
Foracort Forte Rotacaps Description
Foracort forte rotacaps are used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc., in adults and adolescents (
2 years and older). It contains a combination of formoterol and budesonide as active substances. Foracort forte rotacaps should be used exactly as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Foracort forte rotacaps are meant only for inhalation and should not be swallowed. After taking this medicine, rinse your mouth with water and spit it out.
Uses of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
Contraindications of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- If you are known to be allergic to formoterol, budesonide or any other ingredient of Foracort forte rotacaps.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Throat irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
Mode of Action of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
- Foracort forte rotacaps works by the combined action of formoterol and budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways. This reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and cause breathlessness. Formoterol relaxes these muscles and allows the opening of the airway, thus relieving breathlessness....
Directions for Use of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Use Foracort forte rotacaps as recommended by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Do not use Foracort forte rotacaps more often than prescribed.
Interactions of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Foracort forte rotacaps works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Foracort forte rotacaps along with medicines such as ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- The effect of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like propranolol, atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with quinidine, disopyramide, procainamide, phenothiazines, antihistamines (like terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like isocarboxazid, doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases) and L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with Foracort forte rotacaps.
- Medicines like procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anesthetist about your asthma medications to avoid interactions of this medicine with some anesthetic agents (like diazepam and amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to a lowering of potassium in the body....
Storage and disposal of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- Store Foracort forte rotacaps below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Foracort Forte Rotacaps
- The symptoms of an overdose of Foracort forte rotacaps are headache, nausea, vomiting, increased heartbeats, increased blood glucose and low potassium levels.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms or think may have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you miss any dose of Foracort forte rotacaps, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Foracort forte rotacaps?
Q: Is Foracort forte rotacaps safe during pregnancy?
Q: How long can I use Foracort forte rotacaps?
Q: What is Foracort forte used for?
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Foracort 200 Mcg Rotacaps
- Foracort 6 200 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 400 Mcg Rotacaps 30 S
- Foracort 0 5 Mg Packet Of 5 2 Ml Respules
- Foracort 200 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort 1 Mg 2 Ml Packet Of 5 Respules
- Foracort 400 Mcg Synchrobreathe With Dose Counter Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Foracort Forte Box Of 120 Md Metered Dose Inhaler