Fluvin 500mg Tablet
By BOMBAY TABLET MFG CO PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fluvin 500 MG Description
Fluvin Tablet is an anti-fungal medicine. It is used for the treatment of fungal infection of the skin, hair, scalp and nails. This medicine acts by inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing fun
gi, thus preventing the further spread of infection. Take Fluvin Tablet as advised by your doctor, at the prescribed dose and duration. It is recommended to take this medicine with food, as it improves the effectiveness of this medicine.
|You Save||₹6.83 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, stomach discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Griseofulvin(500.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Fluvin 500mg Tablet
- Ecovin 500 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Brinton Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.30₹ 11.73/Tablet
- Zorbax 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ajanta Pharma Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.00₹ 122.40₹ 12.24/Tablet
Uses of Fluvin 500 MG
Fluvin Tablet is used to treat fungal infections of skin, hair, scalp and nails caused by various infection-causing fungi.
Contraindications of Fluvin 500 MG
- If you are allergic to grisofulvin or any other ingredient of Fluvin Tablet.
- If you have any known blood-related disorder such as porphyria.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an autoimmune disorder of tissues known as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
Side effects of Fluvin 500 MG
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Fluvin 500 MG
Can I take a Fluvin Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take Fluvin Tablets during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Avoid planning pregnancy if you have taken this medicine in the last 1 month or your partner had it within the last 6 months. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Fluvin Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Fluvin on breastfeeding or breast milk. Thus, it is advised to avoid taking this Tablet if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Fluvin Tablet?
If you experience drowsiness after taking this Fluvin, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with a Fluvin Tablet?
You should not consume alcohol along with this medicine as it may increase the effect of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on diet, as this medicine should be taken with high-fat meals.
- You have known liver disease.
- You have any known medical conditions such as SLE.
- You have any blood-related disorder.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight light for a longer duration.
- Maintain personal hygiene while on this medicine.
Mode of Action of Fluvin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Grisofulvin acts by inhibiting the multiplication of the fungi, thus inhibits the growth of fungi cells and further spread of infection.
Directions for Use of Fluvin 500 MG
- You should take this Tablet as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow Fluvin as a whole with a glass of water. Take this Tablet with meals for better results.
Interactions of Fluvin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fluvin works, or Fluvin Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking oral contraceptive medicines, blood thinners, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.
Interactions with food items
High-fat meals increase the effectiveness of Fluvin.
Storage and disposal of Fluvin 500 MG
- Store Fluvin Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fluvin 500 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Fluvin Tablet if my condition has improved?
A: No, you should not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor. Always complete the course of treatment with this medicine, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection.
Q: My partner had a fungal infection recently and was prescribed Fluvin Tablet, can we plan pregnancy now?
- Male partners are advised to avoid planning a child while on this medicine. You can plan pregnancy only after 6 months of completing the treatment.
- If you are a female, you should refrain for at least 1 month after taking this medicine.
- GRISOVIN- FP Tablet [Internet]. GSK-India. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Griseofulvin Tablets, USP (MICROSIZE) 250 mg and 500 mg Prescribing Information [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed