Flutax Al Tab
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flutax AL Tablet is an antidepressant medication. This medicine is made with 20mg Fluoxetine and 0.25mg of Alprazolam. This combo medication reduces nerve cell activity that is aberrant or excessive. It also boosts your mood by increasing serotonin (chemical messengers/neurotransmitters) in the brain. In some cases, Flutax Al Tablet cause weight gain or fall, depending on the individual. You may avoid weight gain by eating a healthy balanced diet, avoiding high-calorie snacks, and exercising regularly. Weight reduction, on the other hand, can be achieved by increasing food quantities and contacting a dietitian. While taking Flutax Al Tablet, your healthcare professional will want to visit you frequently, especially at the beginning of your treatment. Make sure you keep all of your appointments with your doctor. Before using an antidepressant, you, your parent, or your caregiver should discuss the risks and advantages of treating your disease with Flutax AL Tablet antidepressant....
|You Save||₹1.74 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Depression, Panic attack and anxiety disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Bulimia nervosa (eating disorder), Premenstrual dysphoric disorder.|
|Side effects||slurred speech, dizziness, light-headedness, headaches, constipation, dry mouth, tiredness, irritability, loss of appetite, confusion and disorientation, decreased sex drive (men and women), erectile dysfunction, shakiness or trembling, double or blurred vision, and change in your weight.|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam + Fluoxetine
Uses of Flutax Al Tab
- In the treatment of depression.
- To bring relief from panic attacks and anxiety disorders.
- Helps treat Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- In the treatment of eating disorder-Bulimia Nervosa.
- Management of premenstrual dysphoric disorder symptoms (irritability, anxiety and depression before menstruation)
- Helps with stubborn-treatment-resistant depression when used in combination with other medications.
Contraindications of Flutax Al Tab
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Fluoxetine, Alprazolam or any other component of the Flutax AL tablet.
- If you have Narrow-angle Glaucoma.
- If you have Asthma.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Flutax Al Tab
- Memory impairment
- Uncoordinated body movements
Precautions and Warnings of Flutax Al Tab
Can I take Flutax AL tablets during pregnancy?
Flutax AL Tablet should not be used during pregnancy because there is clear evidence that it poses a risk to the developing infant. However, in some life-threatening instances where the advantages outweigh the hazards, the doctor may prescribe it. Please seek medical advice.
Can I take Flutax AL tablets while breastfeeding?
Flutax AL Tablet is not safe to take during lactating. According to limited human research, the medication's components may transfer into breast milk and harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Flutax AL tablets?
Flutax AL Tablet can induce blurred vision, dizziness, and difficulty concentrating, all of which can impair your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Flutax AL tablet?
It is not recommended to drink alcohol while taking Flutax AL tablets since it raises the risk of depression and shortness of breath.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop Flutax AL tablet dependence. Both Alprazolam and Fluoxetine have a high potential for addiction and abuse, especially when used for lengthy periods or at high doses.
- You have a history of alcohol or substance abuse. While taking Flutax AL tablets, you should be strictly monitored. To avoid withdrawal symptoms, the dosage of this medicine should be gradually reduced....
- You have depression or suicidal tendencies. This medicine should be used with caution, and the prescription size should be limited. Flutax AL tablets may raise the risk of suicide in those who are depressed....
- You have poor kidney or liver function. Flutax AL tablets should be used with caution.
- You experience any unexpected bleeding or bruises.
- You are under 18. Flutax AL tablet is not suggested for your use because its safety and effectiveness have yet to be determined.
- You are over sixty. It increases the risk of drowsiness and muscle weakness.
- You're pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You should keep your doctor updated about your health condition and medications to rule out any negative effects.
Mode of Action of Flutax Al Tab
How Does It Work?
Flutax AL tab is a Fluoxetine and Alprazolam combination tablet. Fluoxetine works by preventing nerves from reabsorbing serotonin, a mood-enhancing chemical messenger that communicates between brain cells. This causes an increase in serotonin levels in the brain, which aids with mood regulation and the treatment of depression. Alprazolam relieves anxiety and panic attacks by reducing excessive nerve cell activity in the brain. It works by raising the amount of GABA in the body (a chemical messenger in the brain that acts as a natural nerve-calming agent). As a result, Alprazolam relaxes muscles, decreases anxiety, creates a sense of calm, and aids sleep....
Directions for Use of Flutax Al Tab
- Your doctor prescribes the dosage and duration of the Flutax AL tablet.
- You can take Flutax AL tablets with or without food.
- It is recommended to take it after meals to prevent nausea.
- Swallow the entire tablet with a glass of water. Do not crush, bite or break.
- It is recommended that you take it at the same time each day to ensure that your body receives a consistent dose of medicine.
Interactions of Flutax Al Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-hypertensive (metoprolol, nebivolol)
- An opioid antagonist (buprenorphine, naloxone)
- Antibiotic (linezolid)
- Antipsychotic (pimozide, thioridazine, lithium, risperidone)
- Antidepressant (methylene blue/methylthioninium chloride, Monoamine oxidase inhibitors)
- Anti-arrhythmic (propafenone, flecainide)
- Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (atomoxetine)
- Hormone (desmopressin)
- Anti-malarial (mefloquine, chloroquine)
- Antihistamine (mequitazine, cyproheptadine)
- Anticonvulsants (oxcarbazepine, carbamazepine, phenytoin)
- Anti-Parkinson’s (selegiline)
- Serotonin receptor agonists (sumatriptan)
- Anti-cancer (tamoxifen)
- antifungal (e.g. fluconazole)
- Medicines for heart conditions (e.g. digoxin)
- Medicines used for treating HIV (e.g. ritonavir)
- If you are on Azole antifungal medications (example: Ketoconazole)
- You should use Flutax AL tablets with caution if you have active bleeding or are taking medications such as NSAIDs (pain relievers), Aspirin, or Warfarin, as it may increase your risk of bleeding because Fluoxetine has been linked to an increased risk of bleeding. ...
- If you're using diuretics, the medication removes water and salt from the body via urine. While using this medication with Flutax AL Tablet, you must constantly check your blood pressure and sodium levels....
- Flutax AL interaction with certain medications can result in increased blood serum concentration of Fluoxetine and Alprazolam in the body, resulting in severe side effects like hypotension (reduced blood pressure), dizziness, and difficulty concentrating....
Interactions with food items
- Flutax AL may show symptoms of dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty in concentration, etc., on interaction with alcohol, grape juice and St. John’s wort (herbal supplement to treat depression).
Storage and disposal of Flutax Al Tab
Store it at 20-25°C temperature and protect it from light and moisture and out of the reach of pets and children. Keep the capsules in their packing away from light and moisture. It should be safely kept in such a place so that children and pets cannot reach it. Leftover medicine should be disposed of safely, not be consumed accidentally by someone....
Dosage of Flutax Al Tab
Somnolence, confusion, impaired coordination, diminished reflexes, vomiting, heart problems (such as an elevated heart rate), difficulty breathing, seizures, and coma are among symptoms of Flutax AL tablets overdose. Respiration, pulse rate, and blood pressure should all be monitored in cases of medication overdose. General supportive measures, as well as immediate gastric lavage, should be used. Fluids should be given intravenously, and an adequate airway should be maintained....
Missed a Dose
Missed dose of Flutax AL tablets should be taken as soon as the patient remembers it. If it's time for the second dose after missing a dose, don't take missed doses to avoid double doses and continue with the regular schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Flutax Al Tablet addictive?
A: Yes, this medicine has the potential to become addictive. Its use has been linked to an increased risk of addiction due to physical or psychological side effects.
Q: Is it safe for me to take the Flutax Al Tablet if I have glaucoma?
A: If you have glaucoma, see your doctor before using Flutax Al Tablet because it may cause increased eye pressure. Please share your medical history with the doctor and only take the pills if prescribed.
Q: How long do I need to use the Flutax Al Tablet before I see improvement in my condition?
A: You should take this medication until the disease is completely eradicated. As a result, it's best to follow your doctor's instructions.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.