Flunarin 10mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flunarin 10 MG Description
Flunarin 10 tablet is used in the prevention of migraine. It contains flunarizine as an active ingredient. It is not recommended for people below 18 years of age. One may experience an increase in we
ight, dizziness or depression when taking the Flunarin 10. It is also important to follow a healthy lifestyle, avoid triggers for migraines like strong smells, sounds, certain food items, extremes of temperature, lack of sleep, etc. Discussion with your doctor may help you identify your migraine attack triggers.
|You Save||₹7.22 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, weight gain, stomach pain, heartburn, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Flunarizine(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Flunarin 10 MG
Flunarin 10 tablet is used for preventing and managing migraines. It is useful only in the prevention and not during an acute attack of migraine. It is indicated in patients having frequent attacks of migraine. ...
Contraindications of Flunarin 10 MG
- If you have an allergy to flunarizine or any other ingredients present in Flunarin 10.
- If you have Parkinson’s Disease (decrease mobility and tremors) or have a family history of Parkinson’s Disease.
- If you have suffered from any psychiatric disorders in the past or presently under treatment.
Side effects of Flunarin 10 MG
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Feeling low
Precautions and Warnings of Flunarin 10 MG
Can I take the Flunarin 10 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of the Flunarin 10 tablet in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take the Flunarin 10 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the Flunarin 10 tablet passes into the breastmilk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Flunarin 10 tablet?
Flunarin 10 tablet makes you dizzy and sleepy especially at the initial phase of treatment. Therefore, it is advised not to drive until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with the Flunarin 10 tablet?
Alcohol may increase the risk of tiredness and drowsiness with the Flunarin 10 tablet. If you feel tired or drowsy after taking flunarizine, then you should avoid alcoholic drinks.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are elderly and suffering from psychiatric disorders.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You are experiencing fatigue, muscle pain and weakness.
- You have Parkinson's disease and are taking medicines for treating the same, as it may potentiate some side-effects like shakiness (tremors), muscle stiffness (rigidity), difficulty in movements (bradykinesia), these are called extrapyramidal symptoms. Flunarin 10 tablet may not be useful to treat active migraine attack....
- It would be best if you regularly visit your doctor during Flunarizine therapy. Any adverse reactions may be detected early and required actions may be taken.
Directions for Use of Flunarin 10 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- It would be best if you do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Flunarin 10 MG
- Store it below 30°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You must discard this medicine when it expires or is no longer needed.
Dosage of Flunarin 10 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of the Flunarin 10 tablet are sedation, agitation, confusion, loss of energy and increased heartbeats. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of the Flunarin 10 tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Mode of Action of Flunarin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
One of the reasons for migraine headaches is the overexcitability of brain neurons (cells). This neuronal excitability is mostly due to calcium. Flunarin 10 tablet blocks calcium entry in these neurons and decreases their excitability and thus helps to prevent such migraine headaches....
Interactions of Flunarin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Flunarin 10 tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Especially, if you are taking anti-epileptic medicines such as phenytoin, as it may affect the activity of the Flunarin 10 tablet.
- You may feel more drowsy or sleepy when taken along with brain-related medicines like diazepam, alprazolam and mephenytoin (to treat some psychiatric illness).
- Women who are on oral contraceptives may experience milky discharge from the nipple (Galactorrhea) during Flunarizine treatment.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the benefit of the Flunarin 10 tablet?
A: Flunarizine tablet is used mainly to prevent migraine and headaches. It decreases the frequency of migraine attacks.
Q: Can I take the Flunarin 10 tablet along with my sleep medication?
A: Use of the Flunarin 10 tablet along with other sleep medication may increase the likelihood of side effects like excessive drowsiness, tremors and lack of energy. Consult your doctor for advice.
Q: How to take the Flunarin 10 tablet or Flunarizine tablet?
A: It would be best if you took the recommended dose of medicine with a sufficient amount of water and should follow the directions told by your doctor. Preferably take it every day at the same time. Do not miss doses even if you feel better.
Q: What should I do if I experience a headache while using the Flunarin 10 tablet?
A: Headache during the use of Flunarizine may be associated with your underlying problem of migraine. It may take a few days before the effect is seen. Also, it is important to recognise your precipitating factors for migraine and avoid them, however, if the migraine attacks are as frequent as earlier, kindly consult your doctor to check if you require a change in prophylactic therapy or a change in the dose of the medicines.
Q: Can I use the Flunarin 10 tablet for migraine?
A: It would be best if you use the Flunarin 10 tablet for migraine prevention only after consulting your physician. You should not self-medicate or take it on your own.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it. Set a reminder or an alarm to go at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: What precautions do I need to take if I have to use this medicine for a longer time?
A: If the treatment with flunarizine goes for a longer time, you should regularly keep visiting your doctor and should continue to monitor the side effects closely. If you experience anything unusual like a depressed mood, feeling low, then you should immediately visit your doctor or hospital. You may also have increased appetite and weight gain. Hence, it is crucial to exercise and have healthy food.
Q: How long will it take for the Flunarin 10 tablet to work?
A: It may take a few weeks before optimum effects are seen.
Q: What is the composition of Flunarin tablet?
A: The composition of Flunarin tablet includes flunarizine as an active ingredient.
Q: What are the side effects of Flunarin tablet?
A: Dizziness, weight gain, stomach pain, heartburn, nausea are a few side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Flunarin tablet. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on thier own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Q: Why is tablet Flunarin used?
A: Tablet Flunarin is used for preventing and managing migraines.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed