Fludac 60mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Fludac 60 MG Description
Fludac 60 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of depression. It is also used in the treatment of panic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The active ingredient of Fludac Capsule is fluoxetin
e. It belongs to a group of antidepressants that increases the levels of those chemicals in the brain that are responsible for mood, thoughts of reward and learning. Fludac 60 mg should be given with care to children and adolescents between the ages of 8 to 18 due to the potential of serious adverse effects, especially at the start of the treatment. This medicine is not given to children who are under 7 years of age. While stopping Fludac Capsule, care should be taken to withdraw it gradually to avoid withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, headache, confusion and mood changes.
|You Save||₹16.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Panic disorder.|
|Side effects||Headache, Tremors, Anxiety, Aggressiveness, Confusion.|
Uses of Fludac 60 MG
- As per US FDA, Fludac 60 mg is used in,
- Treatment of major depressive disorder
- Treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Treatment of panic disorder with or without agoraphobia (Fear of spaces or situations)
- Treatment of eating disorders (Bulimia Nervosa)
Contraindications of Fludac 60 MG
- If you have had an allergic reaction to the active or inactive components of Fludac 60 mg.
- If you are taking any other medicine for your condition.
- If you are less than 7 years of age.
Side effects of Fludac 60 MG
- Abnormal dreams
- Lack of sleep
- Excessive sweating
- Irregular heartbeat
- Loose motions
- Decrease in weight
- Eye problems like blurred vision, redness and pain in the eye
Precautions and Warnings of Fludac 60 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of mania.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have sleeping problems.
- You have been diagnosed with any heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have a history of rashes and allergies.
- You have a history of abnormal uterine bleeding.
- You have been taking treatment for high blood sugar.
- You have a history of hurting yourself or thoughts of suicide.
- You experience feelings of anger, restlessness and panic.
- You are planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
- You have taken medicines for depression, especially of the group MAO inhibitors, in the last 15 days.
Mode of Action of Fludac 60 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fludac 60 MG
- Fludac 60 mg Capsule is to be taken as a whole mouth with a glass of water. Do not break the capsule.
- Fludac 60 mg Capsule can be taken with or without food as food does not change its absorption.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, you should follow the instructions of the doctor about the time and dose of Fludac 60 mg Capsule.
Interactions of Fludac 60 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used in the treatment of depression, specifically MAO Inhibitors such as iproniazid can cause life-threatening reactions if given along with Fludac. Some of the signs of interaction may be dizziness, agitation, high temperature, abnormal heartbeat, loss of consciousness, and coma. These medicines should be given with a gap when switchover is made from one to another....
- Medicines used in breast cancer, such as tamoxifen, have lesser effect when given with Fludac.
- Medicines used to treat convulsions such as phenytoin may cause toxic effects when taken with Fludac.
- Medicines belonging to the same group of antidepressants as Fludac, when given in combination, may cause severe adverse effects.
- Medicines used to control high blood sugar levels need an adjustment of their dose with Fludac.
- Medicines used in the treatment of heart disease, such as metoprolol, may have more side effects when given with Fludac.
- Medicines used as antipsychotics such as phenothiazines and haloperidol may cause more side effects with Fludac.
- Medicines used in the treatment of infections such as moxifloxacin, sparfloxacin and erythromycin increase the effect of Fludac.
- Medicines used to treat allergies such as astemizole may have an additive effect when given with Fludac.
- Medicines used to prevent clotting such as warfarin, aspirin may increase the risk of bleeding along with Fludac.
- Medicines that lower the levels of sodium in the blood, such as water pills, may cause an increased loss of sodium from the body as Fludac also induces loss of sodium as one of its side effects.
- Medicines that have the same metabolism as Fludac, such as carbamazepine and risperidone, may have increased levels in the blood when taken with Fludac. This may cause toxic effects.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue having your usual food unless your doctor has given some suggestions to change your diet.
Storage and disposal of Fludac 60 MG
Dosage of Fludac 60 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Tulika Singh
M.B.B.S, DFM, PDGPPHC, MPH(NUS)
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I feel after starting treatment with the Fludac 60 mg Capsule?
Q: Is Fludac a better medicine for depression as compared to other medicines for it?
Q: What should I do if I lose weight while taking Fludac 60 mg capsules?
Q: Can I stop taking Fludac after recovering from my condition?
- PROZAC® (PRO-zac) (fluoxetine capsules) for oral use [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- Fluoxetine 60 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- Common questions about fluoxetine [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 5 March 2022]. Available from:
- Sangkuhl K, Klein T, Altman R. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors pathway. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics [Internet]. 2009 [cited 5 March 2022];19(11):907-909. Available from: