Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Flemiclav Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Flemiclav Tablet contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It works by the combined action of its two components, Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes which break the Amoxicillin. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Flemiclav Tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹24.43 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
Uses of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
Flemiclav Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Flemiclav Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin & nails
- Skin rash, irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
Can I drive if I have consumed Flemiclav Tablet?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Flemiclav Tablet while breastfeeding?
Flemiclav Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding as its components pass into the breastmilk. It is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Flemiclav Tablet?
Flemiclav Tablet may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions. Thus, either be cautious or avoid driving or using machines while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Flemiclav Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Flemiclav Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are above 60 years of age.
- You have problems with your liver.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You experience skin redness followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping the treatment with Flemiclav Tablet.
Mode of Action of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Flemiclav Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and helps Amoxicillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
- Flemiclav Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Flemiclav Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Flemiclav Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
- Store Flemiclav Tablet at room temperature in the original packaging to protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard the unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Flemiclav 625mg Tablet
- An excess of this medicine may lead to serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose are stomach discomforts, vomiting, diarrhoea, sleepiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of Flemiclav Tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of the therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Flemiclav Tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment. However, contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: Can I take Flemiclav Tablet if I am allergic to penicillin?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Flemiclav Tablet?
A: Yes, Flemiclav Tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times in a day do I have to take Flemiclav Tablet?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take them in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Flemiclav Tablet to show its effects?
A: Flemiclav Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.