Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By EXCARE LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fixi Dt 100mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Fixi Dt 100mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections....
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Fixi Dt 100mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Fixi Dt 100mg Tab .
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Fixi Dt 100mg Tab during pregnancy?
Since there is limited safety information available during pregnancy, Fixi Dt 100mg Tab should not be used during pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Fixi Dt 100mg Tab while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into the breastmilk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with Fixi Dt 100mg Tab . If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fixi Dt 100mg Tab ?
Fixi Dt 100mg Tab can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Fixi Dt 100mg Tab ?
No information is available on the interactions of Fixi Dt 100mg Tab when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Fixi Dt 100mg Tab .
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Fixi Dt 100mg Tab .
Mode of Action of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cefixime in Fixi Dt 100mg Tab works by inhibiting the growth of the cell wall of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Fixi Dt 100mg Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fixi Dt 100mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Fixi Dt 100mg Tab may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Fixi Dt 100mg Tab below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fixi Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Seek medical care immediately in case you happen to take too much of Fixi Dt 100mg Tab . This medicine may cause a risk of encephalopathy (damage to your brain) if taken in large quantities.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Fixi Dt 100mg Tab , then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Fixi Dt 100mg Tab for fever and cold?
A: No, Fixi Dt 100mg Tab is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can I stop taking Fixi Dt 100mg Tab if I feel better?
A: No, you must not stop taking Fixi Dt 100mg Tab even if you feel better or symptoms of the infections go away. Complete the entire course of this medicine to avoid antibiotic resistance and effective treatment of infection.
Q: Can I take Fixi Dt 100mg Tab if I have flu?
A: No, Fixi Dt 100mg Tab is an antibiotic medicine and not effective against flu, which is usually caused by a virus.
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Fixi Dt 100mg Tab ?
A: Antibiotics sometimes can affect the normal bacterial flora of the colon, along with acting on harmful bacteria. Some of these good bacteria play an important role in digestion and absorption and affecting them can alter these processes. This is why you experience diarrhoea with antibiotic treatment.
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.