Fivasa Nasal Spray
By AJANTA PHARMA LIMITED
6ml Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fivasa 27.5 MCG Description
Fivasa Nasal Spray is a steroid medicine. It is used for the treatment and management of allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose's inner mucous membrane), seasonal allergic conditions such as sne
ezing, runny, stuffy nose, watery eyes, etc. Fivasa contains fluticasone as an active ingredient. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of inflammatory chemical substances. Before using this Nasal Spray blow your nose and apply this medicine to each nostril. Pump the spray in one nostril and breathe in deeply so that it reaches deep into the nose.
|Contains||Fluticasone Furoate(27.5 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Headache, altered smell or taste sensations, dryness of nose|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluticasone Furoate(27.5 Mcg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Fivasa Nasal Spray
- Xyzal 27.5mcg Cfc Free Bottle Of 6gm Nasal SprayBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd6g Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 471.75₹ 400.99₹ 66.83/Gram
- Spiroflut 120md Bottle Of 12gm Nasal SprayBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd12g Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 352.00₹ 299.2037.68% CHEAPER₹ 24.93/Gram
- Flutiflo Ft Nasal Spray 6gm 120mdBy Lupin120md Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 486.60₹ 413.6191.38% CHEAPER₹ 3.45/Metered-dose
- Nazobic 120md Bottle Of 6gm Nasal SprayBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd6g Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 456.50₹ 388.02₹ 64.67/Gram
- Allegra Nasal Spray 120mdBy Sanofi120md Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 397.00₹ 337.4592.98% CHEAPER₹ 2.81/Metered-dose
- Ezicas F 360 Bottle Of 160md 16gm Nasal SprayBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd160md Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 470.00₹ 399.5093.75% CHEAPER₹ 2.5/Metered-dose
- Floresp 120md Bottle Of 6gm Nasal SprayBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd6g Nasal Spray in BottleMRP 430.30₹ 365.75₹ 60.96/Gram
Uses of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
Fivasa Nasal Spray is used to manage and treat symptoms of allergic rhinitis like sneezing, runny, stuffy or itchy nose, teary eyes, etc.
Contraindications of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
- If you are allergic to fluticasone or any other ingredients of Fivasa Nasal Spray.
- If your child is below 4 years old.
Side effects of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Loss of smell
Precautions and Warnings of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
Can I use Fivasa Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
As there is limited information available about the use of Fivasa Nasal Spray in pregnant women, consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe it to you if considered essential after assessing the benefits and its need.
Can I use Fivasa Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
As there is limited information available about the use of Fivasa Nasal Spray in a breastfeeding woman, consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding. Your doctor will prescribe it to you if considered essential after assessing the benefits and its need.
Can I drive if I have used Fivasa Nasal Spray?
Fivasa Nasal Spray may make you dizzy and blur your vision. Thus, you should either be cautious or avoid driving while using this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol if I have used Fivasa Nasal Spray?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Fivasa Nasal Spray. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have asthma.
- You have had any nose injury or operation.
- You are suffering from a nose infection.
- This medicine when used in children may cause growth retardation. Thus, it is necessary to keep monitoring the height of children receiving prolonged treatment with Fivasa Nasal Spray.
- Continue using this medicine even if you may not feel that better right away, as it may take a few days for this medicine to work.
- Fivasa Nasal Spray should not be used in children below 4 years of age.
Mode of Action of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
How Does It Work?
Fluticasone in Fivasa Nasal Spray works by blocking certain natural substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergic reactions, reducing itching, redness, swelling.
Directions for Use of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
- Use Fivasa Nasal Spray exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean your nose by gently blowing over a handkerchief or tissue.
- Insert the tip into the affected nose by tilting the head forward in the upright position.
- Use the spray by squeezing the bottle once and inhale inwards.
- Remove the tip from the nostril and repeat the same for the other nostril.
- Do not forget to replace the cap tightly after use.
Interactions of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Fivasa Nasal Spray may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection) should not be used concomitantly along with this medicine unless necessary, as it is known to cause some severe side effects.
- Concomitant use of Fivasa Nasal Spray along with ketoconazole, itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections), cobicistat-containing medicines and steroids should be avoided as you may be at an increased risk of having side effects....
Storage and disposal of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
- Store Fivasa Nasal Spray in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Fivasa 27.5 MCG
Excess of Fivasa Nasal Spray may lead to symptoms like fever, shaking, chills, headache, diarrhoea, cramping, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, weight gain. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of these symptoms or feel you have used too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Fivasa Nasal Spray on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking Fivasa Nasal Spray unless it is advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, the symptoms may come back.
Q: Does Fivasa Nasal Spray contain steroids?
A: Yes, Fivasa Nasal Spray contains a steroid medicine that is very effective and safe in improving the symptoms of nose allergy (allergic rhinitis).
Q: Can I take Fivasa Nasal Spray for sneezing due to common cold?
A: No, Fivasa Nasal Spray should not be used to treat the common cold. This medicine is meant to be used only for allergic conditions such as allergic rhinitis, hay fever. seasonal allergic condition, etc. Common cold can be due to viral infection and this medicine is ineffective against such infection. Do not self-medicate.
Q: For how long should I take Fivasa Nasal Spray?
A: You should use Fivasa Nasal Spray as advised by your doctor or follow the instruction mentioned in the leaflet. Clean your nose by gently blowing over a handkerchief or tissue. Tilt your head forward in the upright position and insert the tip into the affected nose.
- FLOMIST Aqueous Nasal Spray [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Flixonase Aqueous Nasal Spray - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Flixonase Aqueous Nasal Spray - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed