Femcinol A Gel 20gm
By DABUR INDIA LIMITED
20g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Femcinol-A gel is a topical medicine used for reducing acne, whiteheads and blackheads. Femcinol-A gel also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. It contains a combination of clindamycin and nicotinamide. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and nicotinamide is a form of vitamin B3. Femcinol-A gel should be used as advised by your doctor. For best results while using this product avoid excessive use of makeup, other products on your skin and try to follow a healthy skincare routine and diet. Do not pop acne as that leads to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar....
|You Save||₹30.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %),Clindamycin(1.0 %)|
|Side effects||Skin irritation, itching, dry Skin, oily skin, burning|
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %) + Clindamycin(1.0 %)
Uses of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
Femcinol-A gel is used to treat bacterial infection and inflammation of skin such as acne, whiteheads, pimples and blackheads.
Contraindications of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, nicotinamide or any other components of Femcinol-A gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
- Skin irritation
- Dry Skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
Can I use Femcinol-A gel during pregnancy?
Femcinol-A gel is applied to the skin and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin are too little. The chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine are known to be unsafe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. In case you are prescribed this medicine avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Femcinol-A gel while breastfeeding?
It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Femcinol-A gel?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on driving, but as it is a topical preparation, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Femcinol-A gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Femcinol-A gel. However, alcohol is known to worsen the infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed this gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation and peeling of skin.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and nose.
Mode of Action of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
How Does It Work?
- Femcinol-A gel works by the combined action of both its components - clindamycin and nicotinamide.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent and works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is an anti-inflammatory agent and works by reducing the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates the amount of acne-causing oil being produced by the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimples, acne and other skin problems....
Directions for Use of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
- Use the Femcinol-A gel as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Wash your face before application of this gel with a mild cleanser.
- Apply a small quantity of this gel on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before & after using this gel.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Femcinol-A gel with other medicines. However, as this gel contains clindamycin & nicotinamide, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Femcinol-A gel is meant for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with that. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Storage and disposal of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Femcinol A Gel 20gm
As Femcinol-A gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out excess medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Femcinol-A gel, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Femcinol-A gel for children?
A: Safety and effectiveness of Femcinol-A gel in pediatric patients under the age of 12 have not been established.
Q: Can I use Femcinol-A gel in viral infections?
A: Clindamycin is an antibacterial medicine and is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Is Acnestar good for oily skin?
A: Yes, it is good for all skin types. It helps in controlling the excessive oil production in the skin.
Q: How to apply Femcinol-A gel?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry
- Wash your hands before applying the Femcinol-A gel
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while applying it
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor
Q: Does Femcinol-A gel work on pores?
A: Size of skin pores is usually inherited and Femcinol-A gel may directly not affect the size of pores. However, Nicotinamide present in this gel is known to control excessive oil production, which can help in reducing the pore size due to acne and pimples.
Q: Is Femcinol-A gel good for pimples?
A: Yes, it is very helpful in controlling pimples and also helps in lightening the after marks.
Q: Are there any side effects of the Femcinol A gel?
A: Skin irritation, itching, dry skin, burning or redness at the application site. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve with time.
Q: What is Femcinol A gel used for?
A: Femcinol A gel is used to treat bacterial infection and inflammation of skin such as acne, whiteheads, pimples and blackheads.
- YOU DEFINE BEAUTY AND GRACE | Femcinol-A gel [Internet]. AcneStar. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Freederm Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Cleocin T, Clindagel (clindamycin topical) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.