Femcinol A Gel 20gm
Femcinol-A gel is a topical medicine used for reducing acne, whiteheads and blackheads. Femcinol-A gel also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne. It contains a combination of clindamycin and nicotinamide. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and nicotinamide is a form of vitamin B3.
Femcinol-A gel should be used as advised by your doctor. For best results while using this product avoid excessive use of makeup, and other products on your skin and try to follow a healthy skincare routine and diet. Do not pop acne as that leads to bacteria, and pus spreading on the skin which can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
|₹26.18 (14% on MRP)
|Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %) + Clindamycin(1.0 %)
|Skin irritation, itching, dry Skin, oily skin, burning
- Clear Win GelBy Zee Laboratories Ltd15g Gel in TubeMRP 99.00₹ 84.1629.43% CHEAPER₹ 5.61/Gram
- Clinsol 1% Tube Of 15gm GelBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd15g Gel in TubeMRP 85.00₹ 59.5050.06% CHEAPER₹ 3.97/Gram
Uses of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
Contraindications of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
- If you are allergic to clindamycin, nicotinamide or any other components of Femcinol-A gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
- Skin irritation
- Dry Skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to any components of this gel or history of any allergic skin reaction.
- You are experiencing excessive dryness, irritation and peeling of the skin.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and nose.
Directions for Use of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
- Use the Femcinol-A gel as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Wash your face before application of this gel with a mild cleanser.
- Apply a small quantity of this gel on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
- Wash your hands before & after using this gel.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
- Store this medicine in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
- Femcinol-A gel is a topical medicine used for reducing acne, whiteheads and blackheads. Femcinol-A gel also helps reduce acne scars and prevent acne.
- For best results while using this product avoid excessive use of makeup and other products on your skin and try to follow a healthy skincare routine and diet.
- Do not pop acne as that leads to bacteria, and pus spreading on the skin which can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar.
- Femcinol-A gel may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.
- Skin irritation, itching, dry skin, burning or redness at the application site. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve with time.
- Avoid coming into contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. If you get the cream in these areas by accident, rinse it with water.
Dosage of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
How Does It Work?
- Femcinol-A gel works by the combined action of both its components - clindamycin and nicotinamide.
- Clindamycin is an antibiotic agent and works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of acne-causing bacteria.
- Nicotinamide is an anti-inflammatory agent and works by reducing the swelling and redness associated with acne. It also regulates the amount of acne-causing oil being produced by the oil glands in your skin and helps in lightening the marks due to pimples, acne and other skin problems....
Interactions of FEMCINOL A GEL 20GM
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Femcinol-A gel with other medicines. However, as this gel contains clindamycin & nicotinamide, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Femcinol-A gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with that. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Femcinol-A gel for children?
Q: Can I use Femcinol-A gel in viral infections?
Q: Is Acnestar good for oily skin?
Q: How to apply Femcinol-A gel?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry
- Wash your hands before applying the Femcinol-A gel
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while applying it
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor
Q: Does Femcinol-A gel work on pores?
Q: Is Femcinol-A gel good for pimples?
Q: Are there any side effects of the Femcinol A gel?
Q: What is Femcinol A gel used for?
- YOU DEFINE BEAUTY AND GRACE | Femcinol-A gel [Internet]. AcneStar. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Freederm Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]
- Cleocin T, Clindagel (clindamycin topical) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 19 August 2021]