Faroalfa 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Faroalfa 200 MG Description
Faroalfa Tablet is an antibiotic medicine, used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin infection. It contains faropenem as an active
ingredient. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take Faroalfa Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection. Before starting the treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor about all your past medical and medication history.
Uses of Faroalfa 200 MG
- Faroalfa Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and skin infections.
Contraindications of Faroalfa 200 MG
- If you are allergic to faropenem or any of the ingredients of Faroalfa Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like Penicillin derivatives, Cephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems.
Side effects of Faroalfa 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Faroalfa 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like Penicillin, Cephem, or Carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy), or you have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take diet orally, or you develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience a persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Faroalfa 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Faroalfa 200 MG
Interactions of Faroalfa 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Faroalfa Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Concomitant use of Imipenem and Cilastatin sodium along with Faroalfa Tablet should be avoided....
- When it is used along with Sodium Valproate to treat fits/epilepsy, it can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy. If used along with water pills like Furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney....
Storage and disposal of Faroalfa 200 MG
- Store Faroalfa Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Faroalfa 200 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Faroalfa Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Faroalfa Tablet?
Q: Is Faroalfa Tablet a better antibiotic than others?
Q: What are the side effects of Faroalfa Tablet?
Q: What does Faroalfa contain?
Q: Is Faroalfa a steroid?
Q: Is Faroalfa an antibiotic?
Q: What is the side effects of Faroalfa?
- Faropenem: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- FAROBACT 200 Tablets (Faropenem) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- FENOQRYL® (Faropenem sodium) 200mg ,Tablets - TAJ PHARMA INDIA [Internet]. TAJ PHARMA INDIA. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Faropenem [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]