Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets Description
Expodox Cv Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic
acid as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Expodox Cv Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
Contraindications of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Expodox Cv Tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Expodox Cv Tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Expodox Cv Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
Interactions of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Expodox Cv Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
- Store Expodox Cv Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Expodox Cv 100mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Expodox Cv Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Expodox Cv Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Expodox Cv Tablet?
Q: Can I take Expodox Cv Tablet for flu?
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Expodox Cv Tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Expodox Cv Tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]