Etocod T Tablets
Etocod T Tablets Description
Etocod T Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammatory conditions that affect the muscle or surrounding joints. It contains Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside as its active ingredients. This
medicine works by blocking the inflammatory effects of the chemicals; the signal transmission in the brain and spinal cord and relaxes the contracted muscles. Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant whereas, Etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs ). Etocod T Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You can take this with or without food but it will be better if you take it with meals to avoid an upset stomach.
Uses of Etocod T Tablets
- Etocod T Tablet is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm which occurs in different conditions like low back pain, muscle weakness conditions, etc.
- It is also used to treat painful and inflammatory conditions related to joint problems like osteoarthritis, gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals), ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory disease affecting the spine and other large joints of the body), etc....
Contraindications of Etocod T Tablets
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history or have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as liver or kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis, etc.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled.
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Etocod T Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
Precautions and Warnings of Etocod T Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure. Your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You have underlying medical conditions such as liver or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are being treated for infection, as this medicine can mask the symptoms of infection like fever.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Etocod T Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals because of which all the symptoms related to it improves gradually....
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. Thus, this medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscles and joints....
Directions for Use of Etocod T Tablets
- Take Etocod T Tablet as advised by your doctor, as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it for more time than the prescribed dose as there is a risk of heart attack and strokes if taken for an extended period in high doses.
Interactions of Etocod T Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Etocod T Tablet if taken at the same time. Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, heart and brain-related disorders, breathing problems like asthma, immunosuppressants, etc.
- Concomitant use of Etocod T Tablet should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or along with birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with antibiotics like Rifampicin, painkillers like aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anticoagulants like warfarin, water pills, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, etc.
Storage and disposal of Etocod T Tablets
- Store Etocod T Tablets in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.