Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
Etilaam S 5mg Tablet Description
Etilaam S Tablet is an antidepressant that deals with depression and different mental health conditions involving anxiety, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Depression is a mood
disorder that affects the day-to-day life of an individual. Someone may have warnings such as an impression of sadness or loss and might have mood swings. Anxiety is an emotion defined by tension, worried thoughts, and indications like boosted blood pressure. Anxiety disorder moreover comprises panic disorder illustrated by immediate emotions of stress. In obsessive-compulsive disorder, the individual tends to guess or repeat things often. Etilaam S Tablet consists of two active components, Escitalopram and Etizolam. Escitalopram appears as serotonin reuptake inhibitors and functions by improving serotonin levels. Serotonin is a chemical carrier in the brain credible for enhancing the mood and physical signs of depression. It is also reliable for reducing anxiety, panic attacks, and obsessive-compulsive illnesses. Do not stop using Etilaam S Tablet without consulting the doctor. Your doctor would advise the dose and duration of the configuration as it has an increased ability for habit-forming.
|You Save||₹16.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etizolam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, short-term anxiety, panic disorder|
|Side effects||Confusion, Slurred speech, Increased or decreased sexual drive, Uncontrolled shaking of arms or legs, Visual disturbances, Urinary retention/incontinence, Stomach discomfort and pain.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Short-term anxiety
- Short-term treatment of insomnia (inability to sleep)
- Panic disorder
Contraindications of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
- If you’ve medical conditions like respiratory depression, coma, and sleep apnoea syndrome.
- If you’re suicidal or aggressive behaviour.
- If you’ve a medical disease like acute narrow-angle glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, acute pulmonary insufficiency, always seek medical advice.
- If you suffer from conditions like respiratory distress syndrome, liver disease, severe hepatic impairment, and chronic psychosis.
- If you’ve phobic or obsessional states.
- If you're a pregnant woman or breastfeeding, solely take it after seeking a medical recommendation.
Side effects of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of balance control
- Slurred speech
- Increased or decreased sexual drive
- Uncontrolled shaking of arms or legs
- Visual disturbances
- Urinary retention/incontinence
- Stomach discomfort and pain
- Excessive salivation
- Memory problems
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from impaired kidney or liver diseases.
- You have low blood pressure - can lead to headaches or fainting.
- You have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, tell your doctor beforehand.
- You have a personality disorder or organic brain changes, take this medicine with caution.
Mode of Action of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
- Consume Etilaam S Tablet in the dosage and duration as per your doctor's advice.
- While taking Etilaam S Tablet, swallow it entirely without mashing, breaking, or grinding it.
- Etilaam S Tablet should be taken along with food to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Etilaam S Tablet may interact following medicines like:
- Cetirizine - increased adverse effect of Etilaam S Tablet
- Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole - metabolism of Etilaam S Tablet is decreased leading to the adverse effect of Etilaam S Tablet
- Metoclopramide - the severity of sedation can be increased when Metoclopramide is combined with Etilaam S Tablet
- Sulfonylureas like Glimepiride - increased adverse effect of Etilaam S Tablet
- Nonetheless, this is not a detailed list of medications. Get in touch with your consultant or doctor before starting Etilaam S Tablet.
Interactions with food items
- Etilaam S Tablet may interact with multi-mineral or different herbal or ayurvedic complements. So, if you are consuming any of the over the counter drugs, take advice from your doctor.
- Etilaam S Tablet may interact with grapefruit juice and decrease the impact of Etilaam S Tablet. Therefore, prevent consuming grapefruit juice with Etilaam S Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
Dosage of Etilaam S 5mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to manage weight gain related to the use of Etilaam S Tablet?
Q: Can Etilaam S Tablet cause withdrawal symptoms?
Q: Is the Etilaam S Tablet a sleeping pill?
Q: Does Etilaam S Tablet cause addiction, or is it habit forming?
- 1. Escitalopram: an antidepressant [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from:
- 2. Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from:
- 3. Etizolam Use, Addiction & Recovery - Questions and Answers [Internet]. Recovery Centers of America. 2022 [cited 5 February 2022]. Available from: