Esta 20mg Tablet
Esta 20 MG Description
Esta 20 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Esta 20 mg Tablet helps balance various brain chemicals that influence m
ood and behaviour. This improves mood, reduces anxiety, improves sleep, and increases energy levels. In people with sleeping disorders, Esta 20 mg Tablets are also aid in the treatment of sleep disorders. Esta 20 mg Tablets reduce brain activity and promote sleep. It also improves one's concentration and overall quality of life. If taken in excess, Esta 20 mg Tablet can induce suicidal thoughts in teenagers, children, and young adults. As a result, this medication should be taken with a doctor's prescription. Confusion, depression, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, and headache are among the side effects of Esta 20 mg Tablets.
Uses of Esta 20 MG
- Esta 20 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of the depressive disorder
- Alleviating symptoms of anxiety disorder
- Treatment of the Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Alleviating symptoms of tiredness, irritation and restlessness
Contraindications of Esta 20 MG
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Esta 20 mg Tablet.
- If you are currently taking MAOIs (Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have taken them in the last 14 days.
- If you are taking pimozide, Esta 20 mg Tablet can increase the risk of QT prolongation.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
- If you have renal impairment or are on medication for kidney disorders.
- If you are pregnant.
Side effects of Esta 20 MG
- Delayed ejaculation
- Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm)
- Low sexual desire
Precautions and Warnings of Esta 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 60 years of age, as the risk of side effects is greater than in younger people.
- You experience a drop in blood pressure.
- You experience side effects that persist or worsen in time.
- You experience sudden mood swings or suicidal thoughts after taking Esta 20 mg Tablet.
- You conceive during the curse of Esta 20 mg Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Esta 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Esta 20 MG
- Follow your doctor's recommendations regarding Esta 20 mg Tablet dosage.
- Do not handle Esta 20 mg Tablet with wet hands.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, Esta 20 mg Tablet should be taken at the same time each day.
- Take Esta 20 mg Tablet with a glass of water and consume it as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
Interactions of Esta 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Esta 20 mg Tablet is known to interact with the following medicines:
- Antibiotics and Esta 20 mg Tablet together can increase the risk of irregular heartbeat.
- If ethinyl estradiol and Esta Tablet are taken together, the expected effect of contraceptive pills will not be achieved.
- Amikacin and Esta Tablet, when taken together, may have nausea or vomiting, increased or reduced urine, abrupt weight gain, and fluid retention. If you have kidney problems, this interaction is more likely....
- Furosemide interactions with Esta Tablet cause nausea or vomiting, increased or reduced urine, abrupt weight gain, and fluid retention. This interaction is more likely to happen in the elderly who already have kidney disease. ...
- When chloramphenicol and Esta Tablet interact with each other, the anticipated effect will not be achieved.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruits with Esta 20 mg Tablet, as it can magnify the side effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Esta 20 MG
Dosage of Esta 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I stop using the Esta 20 mg Tablet once I start feeling better?
Q: Does Esta 20 mg Tablet induce sleepiness?
Q: Are there any cautions to be aware of when using an Esta 20 mg Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Gov.in. [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from:
- PACKAGE LEAFLET: INFORMATION FOR THE USER Cipralex 5 mg film-coated tablets Cipralex 10 mg film-coated tablets Cipralex 20 mg film-coated tablets escitalopram [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from:
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Mar 5]. Available from:
- Escitalopram: Galactorrhoea: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2022 Mar 5];1526(1):60–60. Available from: