Epofer 10000iu Pre Filled Syringe Of 1ml Injection
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1ml Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epofer 10000 IU Description
Epofer Injection contains epoetin alfa (recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa). It is used mainly for the treatment of anaemia due to kidney problems or in the treatment of cancer. Do not use this me
dicine if you have a history of an allergy or any other bone marrow problems. Inform your doctor if you are suffering from high blood pressure or have a history of other heart problems. Do not take this medicine without a doctor's advice if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹93.85 (5% on MRP)|
|Contains||Epoetin Alfa(10000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Anaemia in individuals with kidney disease and adults who are undergoing cancer chemotherapy.|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, injection site reactions|
Check more medicines with composition as Epoetin Alfa(10000.0 Iu)
Uses of Epofer 10000 IU
For the treatment of anaemia due to kidney diseases & in adults who are receiving cancer treatment.
Contraindications of Epofer 10000 IU
- If you are having a history of allergy (rashes, itching, skin redness, swelling of lips, eyes, difficulty in breathing or swallowing) to any of the contents of this medicine.
- If you have red cell aplasia (a condition in which bone marrow cannot produce enough red blood cells).
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you are due for major orthopaedic surgery (hip or knee) and you have severe heart disease, diseases of veins and arteries, recently had a heart attack or stroke, cannot take medicines to thin the blood....
Side effects of Epofer 10000 IU
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Injection site reaction
Precautions and Warnings of Epofer 10000 IU
Can I be given Epofer Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Epofer Injection in pregnancy. This injection should be used in pregnancy only if your doctor recommends it after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Epofer Injection while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Epofer Injection passes into human breast milk. This injection may be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have taken Epofer Injection?
There is no information on the effect of Epofer Injection on driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Epofer Injection?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have diabetes or are overweight.
- You are suffering from cancer.
- You are bedridden long time due to surgery or illness.
- You have or had high blood pressure, seizures/fits, low red blood cell count or a blood disorder called porphyria.
- You have hepatitis C and are taking medicines for it like ribavirin and interferon.
- You develop symptoms like red spots and ulcers of the mouth, throat, nose, genitals and eyes after taking this medicine.
- You have or had blood clots in the veins of the body, arteries of the lungs or reduced/stopped blood supply to the brain.
Mode of Action of Epofer 10000 IU
How Does It Work?
Epoetin alfa promotes the formation of red blood cells in the bone marrow, which increases the red blood cell count in the body.
Directions for Use of Epofer 10000 IU
- Epofer Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Epofer 10000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Epofer Injection works or this medicine itself may affect the working of some medicines.
- Talk to your doctor, particularly if you are taking cyclosporin (used for the treatment of organ transplantation), iron supplements and other blood stimulating medicines.
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking, which includes medicines without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Epofer Injection or increase the chances of side effects....
Storage and disposal of Epofer 10000 IU
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C - 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Epofer 10000 IU
Epofer Injection is given by a healthcare professional, so it is unlikely that you will be given too much of this medicine. If you think you have been given too much medicine, tell your doctor. You may experience side effects if you have been injected too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives Epofer Injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Epofer Injection?
A: Epofer Injection is used for the treatment of anaemia in individuals with kidney disease and adults who are undergoing cancer chemotherapy.
Q: How does Epofer Injection work?
A: Epofer Injection contains a medicine known as recombinant human Erythropoietin alfa. It is a kind of protein that stimulates the bone marrow to produce blood cells, especially red blood cells. Thus, it relieves symptoms associated with anaemia which may be due to kidney problems or cancer treatment.
- EspogenTM. Patient Information Leaflet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Recombinant human erythropoetin. CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
- Epoetin Alfa Hexal - European Medicines Agency [Internet]. European Medicines Agency. 2022 [cited 6 June 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed