Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By USV PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecosprin 75 tablet is an antiplatelet medicine and contains aspirin as its active ingredient. It is used to prevent the risk of heart attacks, stroke and angina. It prevents blood clot formation withi
n the body. It must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Avoid missing a dose or take more than that prescribed. Before using the medicine, inform the doctor if you have asthma, stomach or intestinal ulcers, or haemophilia. Inform the doctor if you are on steroids or a medicine called methotrexate....
Uses of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- For the prevention of heart attack, stroke, heart conditions like stable or unstable angina (chest pain) due to a blood clot.
- Used for acute heart attack and blood clot formation after heart surgery.
- Used in patients with a history of stroke due to blood clots or risk of vascular thrombosis (blood clot obstructing blood flow in a vein).
Contraindications of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- If you are allergic to aspirin or other ingredients of Ecosprin 75 Tablet.
- You may have an active bleeding or clotting disorder like haemophilia and low platelet count.
- You may have a history of ulcer or bleeding in the stomach or small intestine.
- You may have gout, liver or kidney disorder or bleeding in the brain.
- You are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding.
- Taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis-like methotrexate.
Side effects of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Increased risk of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg medicine during pregnancy?
Ecosprin Tablet must not be used in pregnancy. In certain situations, it may be prescribed by the doctor if considered essential with close monitoring.
Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Low dose of aspirin in Ecosprin Tablet passes into breastmilk in small quantity. Long-term use or high doses when breastfeeding a baby is not recommended. It is recommended to monitor the baby for bruising and bleeding while on the medicine. Consult the doctor for more information.
Can I drive after consuming Ecosprin 75 mg medicine?
Ecosprin 75 mg medicine does not affect the ability to drive or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin 75 mg medicine?
Avoid alcohol while on Ecosprin Tablet, as it may increase the risk of bleeding and side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have a planned surgery or had surgery recently, as there is a risk of bleeding.
- You may suffer from asthma. The medicine worsens the asthma symptoms.
- You may have kidney, liver disease or high blood pressure or you are elderly.
- You may have ulcers in the stomach or intestine or taking medicines, which causes stomach ulcers.
- You may have unusual bleeding from the part of the body, recently had trauma or stroke.
- You may suffer from gout or experience heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Using antidiabetics, other anticoagulants or high blood pressure medicines.
- You are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ecosprin is an antiplatelet medicine. It inhibits the action of an enzyme, which makes platelets aggregate together to form a blood clot. When clot formation occurs in blood vessels, blood flow is obstructed or blocked, which is dangerous in cases of heart attack and leads to stroke or chest pain (angina)....Read more
- Aspirin in low doses stops these platelets from forming a clot so that blood flows without obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Swallow Ecosprin 75 mg medicine as a whole with a glass of water. Take it as advised by the doctor and try to take it at the same time.
Interactions of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of methotrexate (used to treat certain types of cancer) with aspirin must be avoided.
- Aspirin reverses the effect of probenecid (used to treat gout). Hence, this combination must be avoided.
- Other anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents must be used cautiously with aspirin due to the risk of bleeding.
- Aspirin increases the blood-glucose-lowering effect of certain antidiabetics. Hence, it must be used cautiously.
- Aspirin increases the levels of Digoxin (used for certain heart conditions) and Lithium (used for brain-related conditions).
- Aspirin may reduce the blood pressure-lowering effect of antihypertensive medicines like water pills. Inform the doctor.
- Other medicines like steroids, painkillers, antacids and immunomodulators may interact with the action of the medicine or may produce some undesirable effects. Inform the doctor about the medication history....Read more
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Store Ecosprin 75 mg medicine below 25°C. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ecosprin 150mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of Ecosprin 75 medicine includes ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits, low bloo
d sugar. If you think you have taken too much Ecosprin 75 mg medicine, then contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking a dose of Ecosprin 75 mg medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Try no
t to skip/miss any dose of the medicine as it leads to serious complications....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking Ecosprin 75 medicine?
A: Before undergoing surgeries or during medical emergencies, Inform the doctor about the treatment with Ecosprin 75 medicine, as excess Aspirin causes bleeding disorders.
Q: Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg medicine for pain?
A: No, Ecosprin 75 mg medicine is not a painkiller. It prevents clot formation in the body, which leads to heart disease or stroke.
Q: What is Ecosprin-75 medicine?
A: Ecosprin 75 mg medicine is an antiplatelet medicine that contains acetylsalicylic acid (also known as Aspirin). It prevents blood clot formation within the body. The medicine is used to prevent heart attacks, stroke and heart-related chest pain (angina).
Q: Does Ecosprin 75 mg medicine cause acidity?
A: You may sometimes experience acidity or heartburn while taking Ecosprin 75 mg medicine. Not everyone gets this side effect.
Q: Is Ecosprin-75 medicine a blood thinner?
A: Yes, Ecosprin 75 mg medicine is a blood thinner medicine. It blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for the aggregation of platelets. Platelets are the blood cells responsible for clotting in response to an injury and stop bleeding.
Q: Are Aspirin and Ecosprin 75 mg medicine the same?
A: Yes, Ecosprin 75 mg medicine contains Aspirin as an active ingredient.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 12 Jun 2021 | 07:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved