Dytor 40mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
6 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dytor Tablet contains Torasemide, also known as a water pill. Dytor Tablet is used for removing excess water retained by the body in conditions liver, heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. It works by removing the excess fluid from the body by acting on the kidneys. It helps manage the symptoms like swelling in different body parts such as the face, legs, arms, abdominal wall, breathlessness and fatigue. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor and do not stop on your own. Inform your doctor about all other medicines you consume before starting with Dytor Tablet.
Uses of Dytor 40mg Tablet
Dytor Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure and conditions of excess fluid retention in the body due to heart failure, kidney or liver diseases.
Contraindications of Dytor 40mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Torasemide or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a low blood volume or suffering from low blood pressure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking aminoglycoside antibiotics like Gentamicin and Streptomycin.
- If you are allergic to sulphonylureas like Chlorpropamide and Glimepiride.
- If you have problems with your kidney, liver or heart.
- If you have taken certain medicines and it has caused you liver problems.
Side effects of Dytor 40mg Tablet
- Muscle pain
- Stomach pain
- Loss of energy and loss of appetite
- Body fluid and electrolyte imbalance like low levels of sodium
Precautions and Warnings of Dytor 40mg Tablet
Can I take Dytor Tablet during pregnancy?
Dytor Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety. If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor.
Can I take Dytor Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into human milk and its effects on the breastfed baby. Hence, it should not be used in breast-feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dytor Tablet?
Dytor Tablet may make you dizzy and hence you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Dytor TabletTablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may lower your blood pressure and may lead to side effects like dizziness or drowsiness. Also, in conditions of kidney failure, heart failure and liver problems, alcohol is known to worsen the diseased state. Therefore, it should be better avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have dehydration, salt imbalance or problems with passing urine. Have adequate amount of water and fluids.
- You have gout, frequent monitoring of uric acid levels is advised.
- You are a diabetic then regular monitoring of glucose is needed.
- You are expected to monitor salt levels, glucose, uric acid and lipid levels regularly if you have been prescribed this medicine for long-term treatment.
Mode of Action of Dytor 40mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Dytor Tablet acts on the kidneys to eliminate the excess of water and salt from the body. Though, it removes excess water and salt from the body and does not affect the normal electrolyte and acid-base balance of the body.
Directions for Use of Dytor 40mg Tablet
- Take Dytor Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- Take it every day at the same time.
- You should take it regularly without fail as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dytor 40mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Torasemide with other medicines used for high blood pressure like Captopril and Lisinopril can lower the blood pressure abruptly.
- Dytor Tablet when taken along with certain muscle relaxants and theophylline which is used to treat asthma, can lead to reduced efficiency.
- Dytor Tablet can reduce the blood sugar lowering action of antidiabetics and increase the toxicity of aspirin.
- Other medicines like adrenaline, noradrenaline used to treat high blood pressure, lithium used to treat mental health and digoxin used to treat heart failure should be used cautiously.
- Dytor Tablet can increase the side effects of antibiotics like Streptomycin, Gentamicin, Cephalexin, Ceftriaxone and medicines for brain disorders such as lithium and cancer medicine like Cisplatin if taken along.read less
- Concomitant use of Torasemide with medicines like Indomethacin, Ibuprofen used to treat inflammatory diseases and probenecid used to treat gout may lower the effects of Torasemide.
Storage and disposal of Dytor 40mg Tablet
- Store Dytor Tablet at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain.
- You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Dytor 40mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose of Dytor Tablets are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, sleepiness, confusion, low blood pressure, unconsciousness, dehydration, low sodium and low blood potassium.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take Dytor Tablet as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Dytor Tablet on my own if I feel better?
A: No, you should never stop taking Dytor Tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions I should follow as I have high blood pressure?
- Limit intake of salt in the diet, especially pickles and packaged foods like chips contain excess salt and should be avoided
- Have less amount of potassium-containing foods like spinach, broccoli or banana and limit intake of meat
- Instead of having packaged snacks, prefer fresh cut fruits as they are rich in vitamins and fibre.
Q: What should I do if I have dizziness after taking Dytor Tablet?
A: Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting may occur, especially when you get up suddenly from a lying or sitting position. Slowly getting up may help. If the problem continues or gets worse, check with your doctor.
Q: Can Dytor Tablet be taken everyday?
A: Based on your underlying condition, your doctor will prescribe it to you for a few days or a prolonged duration. Take daily only if the doctor has prescribed it to you, visit your doctor regularly to get your blood pressure checked.
Q: What is Dytor Tablet?
A: It is a medicine that helps to control high blood pressure or oedema by removing excess fluid from the body.
- EMA. SmPC. Torem. [Accessed on 30-Oct-20202020] (online)
- EMA. Patient leaflet. Torem. [Accessed on 30-Oct-20202020] (online)
- CDSCO. Torasemide. [Accessed on 30-Oct-20202020] (online)
- Mayoclinic. Torasemide. [Accessed on 30-Oct-20202020] (online)
- Medscape Torasemide. [Accessed on 30-Oct-20202020] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 22 Mar 2021 | 02:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved