Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps Description
Duolin Forte Rotacap contains a combination of ipratropium and levosalbutamol as an active ingredient. It is used to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sounds while breathing which
are the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a disorder where your lung is damaged, making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. This medicine blocks the effect of substances that produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. A patient who has diabetes, glaucoma, prostate or heart problems should cautiously use this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding about all the medicines, supplements or herbs you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or suffered before starting this medicine. Refer to the direction of use information leaflet provided along with the Duolin Forte Rotacap before starting the treatment.
|₹25.39 (14% on MRP)
|Ipratropium(80.0 Mcg) + Levosalbutamol / Levalbuterol(100.0 Mcg)
|Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
|Nausea Vomiting Dry mouth Constipation
Uses of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
Contraindications of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
- If you are allergic to Ipratropium or Levosalbutamol or any other ingredients of Duolin Forte Rotacap
- If you are allergic to atropine or its derivatives
- If you have any problems with your heart
- If you are below 12 years of age (as there is no information on safety)
Side effects of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
- Headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation
- Dry mouth, sore throat
- Shakiness, nervousness
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Breathing problem
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash, itching, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
- There is limited information about the effects of this medicine in human pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. Please consult a doctor before using any medicine....
- It is unknown if the components of this medicine pass into breast milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding....
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes.
- You have glaucoma.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You had or have fits.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to bladder problems or an enlarged prostate (mostly in men).
- You are suffering from a condition called cystic fibrosis. It increases the chances of getting stomach disturbances if you use Duolin Forte with it.
- The chances of side effects increase significantly in the elderly population, so elderly patients should be cautious while using this medicine.
- Duolin Forte Rotacap is not recommended for use in children less than 12 years old.
Mode of Action of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
How Does It Work?
- COPD is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficulties....
- Duolin Forte Rotacap works by the anticholinergic effect of Ipratropium and the bronchodilator effect of Salbutamol.
- Few chemical substances (Acetylcholine) released in the body are responsible for the tightness of breathing tubes.
- Ipratropium blocks the effect of this substance and decreases the tone of breathing tubes, thus making breathing easier.
- Salbutamol acts mainly on smaller lung tubes and dilates them by relaxing the muscles.
Directions for Use of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
- Use Duolin Forte Rotacap exactly as directed by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Shake the inhaler.
- You should not take more puffs than that told by your doctor.
Interactions of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Duolin Forte Rotacap along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Amitriptyline, selegiline, etc.) or medicines used to treat asthma (Albuterol, Epinephrine) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- Concomitant use of this medicine with beta-blockers like Propranolol, Labetalol, etc. (used to treat high blood pressure and heart problems), may decrease the effectiveness of Duolin Forte Rotacap.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise the monitoring of blood potassium levels....
- Other medicines like Digoxin (used to treat heart problems), Xanthine preparations like Theophylline (used in asthma) and should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
- Store Duolin Forte Rotacap below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Duolin Forte Box Of 30 Rotacaps
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Duolin Forte Rotacap used for?
Q: How does Duolin Forte Rotacap work?
- Duolin Forte Rotacap is a combination of two medications, Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol.
- Ipratropium decreases the resistance in breathing tubes in the lungs, while Levosalbutamol relaxes the smaller airway tube muscles so that more air reaches the lungs. Thus, it is useful in relieving symptoms of COPD like coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties....