Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Duet 625 tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Duet 625 tablet is used to treat bact
erial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens.
|₹28.68 (14% on MRP)
|Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
|Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion
- Trueclam Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 182.90₹ 139.0020.16% CHEAPER₹ 13.9/Tablet
- Megamentin 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 204.94₹ 153.7011.72% CHEAPER₹ 15.37/Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 191.83₹ 164.976.32% CHEAPER₹ 16.50/Tablet
- Clamp 625mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 204.80₹ 174.09₹ 17.41/Tablet
Uses of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Duet 625 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Duet 625 tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Duet 625 tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Duet 625 tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Duet 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.