Drench Eye Drops
Drench 0.5 % Description
Drench Eye Drop is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component. Drench a
ts as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Drench Eye Drop, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
- Optive Eye DropsBy Allergan India Pvt Ltd10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 158.78₹ 134.96₹ 13.5/Ml
- Just Tears 0.5% Eye Drops 10mlBy Sunways (india) Pvt Ltd10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 107.01₹ 90.96₹ 9.1/Ml
- Lubrex 0.5% Eye Drops 10mlBy Micro Labs10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 132.91₹ 112.97₹ 11.3/Ml
- Eco Tears 0.5% Eye Drops 15mlBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 117.45₹ 99.83₹ 6.66/Ml
- Lacrimos 0.5% Eye Drops 10mlBy Lupin10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 98.82₹ 84.00₹ 8.4/Ml
- Pixelub Multi 0.5% Eye Drops 10mlBy Fdc Limited10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 151.95₹ 129.16₹ 12.92/Ml
- Extralube Eye Drops 10mlBy Micro Labs10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 158.92₹ 135.08₹ 13.51/Ml
- I Dew Soothe 0.5% Eye DropsBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 147.00₹ 124.95₹ 12.5/Ml
- Lacrimos G 0.5% Eye DropBy Lupin10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 147.86₹ 125.68₹ 12.57/Ml
- Eyemac Eye Drops 10mlBy His Eyeness Ophthalmics Pvt Ltd10ml Eye Drop in BottleMRP 142.00₹ 120.70₹ 12.07/Ml
Uses of Drench 0.5 %
Contraindications of Drench 0.5 %
Side effects of Drench 0.5 %
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Drench 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Drench Eye Drop, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You use contact lenses regularly.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eyes.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- You accidentally ingest or swallow Drench Eye Drop, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Drench 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Drench Eye Drop due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....
Directions for Use of Drench 0.5 %
- Use Drench Eye Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- You should remove your contact lens before using Drench Eye Drop.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using it if has changed its colour or has become cloudy.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after its application.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Drench 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drops product concomitantly with Drench Eye Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Drench 0.5 %
- Store Drench Eye Drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use these eye drops once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Drench 0.5 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Drench Eye Drop instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Drench Eye Drop?
Q: Can I use Drench Eye Drop frequently?
Q: Can Drench Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can you use Drench Eye Drop at night?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2022 [cited 23 May 2022]