Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops Description
Dorzox T Eye Drop is a combination of Dorzolamide and Timolol. It is used to lower the pressure built within the eye (ocular hypertension) and open-angle glaucoma. It works by decreasing the producti
on of aqueous humour (fluid filled in the eye) which further lowers the eye pressure. It should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Dorzox T Eye Drops should be used externally only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. Inform your doctor if you have heart or respiratory conditions and are on other medications as well. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, dryness, blurred vision. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor.
|₹79.01 (14% on MRP)
|Dorzolamid / Dorzolamide(2.0 %W/V) + Timolol(0.5 %W/V)
Uses of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Contraindications of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to Dorzolamide, Timolol or any other component of Dorzox T Eye Drops.
- If you have a history of respiratory diseases such as bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- If you have any heart disease or disorder including heart failure.
- If you have severe kidney failure or disease.
Side effects of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Headache, fatigue
- Burning and stinging sensation
- Pain, discharge, irritation, blurred vision, redness of the eye
- Swelling and itching of the eyelid
- Altered taste sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction.
- You have heart, respiratory, diabetes and liver disease or condition.
- You have or had a kidney stone.
- You are on any other medications.
- You have diabetes and/or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland).
- You experience loss of vision, dryness of the eye.
- You have a planned surgery.
- You wear contact lenses.
- Dorzox T Eye Drops should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Dorzox T Eye Drops contains Timolol and Dorzolamide. They work by decreasing the raised intraocular (inside the eye).
- Dorzolamide works by blocking the chemical substance carbonic anhydrase. Thus, decreasing the secretion of the aqueous humour (fluid in the eye) and this helps to lower the pressure within your eye.
- Timolol acts by decreasing the aqueous humour production, lowering the build fluid pressure within your eye.
Directions for Use of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Use Dorzox T Eye Drops as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss an application.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper. Keep the dropper clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Effect of Dorzox T Eye Drops may be increased with medicine use to heart condition such as diltiazem, verapamil, quinidine, propranolol, atenolol, amiodarone, digitalis, guanethidine.
- Concomitant use of Dorzox T Eye Drops with medicine used to increase heart rate such as adrenaline may cause dilation of the pupil (mydriasis).
- Dorzox T Eye Drops may increase the effect of blood sugar-lowering medicines such as metformin, insulin and may hide the symptoms of lower blood sugar.
- Effect of Dorzox T Eye Drops may be increased with medicine used to elevate mood such as fluoxetine, paroxetine.
- Since Dorzox T Eye Drops is to be used externally, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Store at temperature not exceeding 15°-25°C.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes colour, turns cloudy or if it contains particles.
Dosage of Dorzox T Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- As Dorzox T Eye Drops is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of Dorzox T Eye Drops may cause dizziness, headache, shortness of breath, decrease heart rate, fatigue, eye irritation or electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe the out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.