Dompan Od Tablet
Dompan Od Tablet Description
Dompan OD tablet is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat an acid reflux condition or GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which contents from the stomach along with acid fl
ows back to the food pipe, causing irritation and heartburn. Dompan OD tablet is a combination medicine containing pantoprazole and domperidone as its active components. It works by blocking the acid secretion in the stomach. It helps in relieving the symptoms of heartburn, chest pain, discomfort and irritation associated with acid reflux. Take this medicine empty stomach, preferably at least 30mins before a meal in the morning.
Uses of Dompan Od Tablet
Contraindications of Dompan Od Tablet
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or any of the other ingredients of the Dompan OD tablet.
- If you are taking any product containing rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or an obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorders.
- If you have a tumour in the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or an electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Dompan Od Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Polyps in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Od Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever and experience black stools after taking Dompan OD tablet.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- If you get a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun, stop the treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures. You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for the last year.
- You have any medical condition like stomach ulcers, cancer, electrolyte imbalance, heart problems, liver or kidney-related disorders, etc.
- You are taking medicines to treat infections or you have HIV.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for certain lab tests (chromogranin A).
Mode of Action of Dompan Od Tablet
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and the intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Od Tablet
Interactions of Dompan Od Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Dompan OD tablet or the Dompan OD tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders, anti-HIV medicines, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, anticoagulants like warfarin, etc.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Dompan Od Tablet
- Store Dompan OD tablet below 25°C.
- Protect it from light, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Od Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before taking the Dompan OD tablet?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
Q: Can I give Dompan OD tablet to my child for acidity?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 7 Sep 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 7 Sep 2021]
- PANTOPRAZOLE sodium delayed-release tablets [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 Sep 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 Sep 2021]