Dom Dt 5mg Tablet
Dom Dt 5 MG Description
Dom Dt Tablet is an anti-emetic medicine. It is used to control nausea, vomiting and for the treatment of gastroparesis and indigestion. Dom Dt works by improving the contraction of muscles and movem
ent in the stomach and intestine. Domperidone works best if taken before consuming food. This medicine is usually taken for short-term treatment thus, do not take this medicine when not required or when the symptoms subside. The most common side effect of this medicine is a dry mouth. However, it usually resolves once you stop taking this medicine.
- Domstal Dt 5mg Tablet 15'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.10₹ 47.68₹ 3.18/Tablet
Uses of Dom Dt 5 MG
Contraindications of Dom Dt 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Domperidone or any other ingredients of Dom Dt Tablet.
- If you have been passing black, tarry bowel stools or blood in your stools.
- If you have any liver, kidney or heart disease.
- If you have a blockage, obstruction or tear in any part of your intestine.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma.
- If you have a low level of magnesium or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Dom Dt 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Hard bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of Dom Dt 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any heart disorders or you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You experience palpitations, breathing issues or loss of consciousness while taking Dom Dt Tablet.
Mode of Action of Dom Dt 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dom Dt 5 MG
- Dom Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- For best results, this medicine should be taken before food.
Interactions of Dom Dt 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor all the medicines you are taking, as Dom Dt Tablet can affect the way some other medicines work and vice versa.
- Do not take this medicine, if you are taking antifungals, such as ketoconazole and fluconazole; antibiotics, such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, moxifloxacin and pentamidine; medicines for heart problems or high blood pressure eg, amiodarone, dronedarone, quinidine, disopyramide, dofetilide, sotalol, diltiazem and verapamil; medicines for psychoses (eg, haloperidol, pimozide and sertindole); medicines for depression (eg, citalopram, escitalopram) and medicines for AIDS/HIV....
Storage and disposal of Dom Dt 5 MG
- Store at room temperature and keep away from heat, moisture and light.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Dom Dt 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Dom Dt Tablet used for?
Q: Can Dom Dt Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
- EMA. PIL. Domperidone 10 mg Tablets. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Janssen Pharma. Motilium tablets. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Drug information portal. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Domperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- DrugBank. Domeperidone. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)
- Thomas B, et al. Medication used in Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy - A Review of Safety and Efficacy. 2015. [ Accessed on 30.March.2021 ] (online)