Dom Dt 10mg Tablet
By MOREPEN LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dom Dt 10 MG Description
Dom DT tablet is an anti-emetic medicine. It is used to control nausea, vomiting and for the treatment of gastroparesis and indigestion. Domperidone works by improving the contraction of muscles and
movement in the stomach and intestine. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. Domperidone works best if taken before consuming food. This medicine is usually taken for short-term treatment.
|You Save||₹4.33 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea, vomiting, motion sickness, indigestion|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, drowsiness, headaches, fatigue, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(10.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Dom Dt 10mg Tablet
- Motinorm Dt 10mg TabletBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.00₹ 19.5520.41% CHEAPER₹ 1.96/Tablet
Uses of Dom Dt 10 MG
- To control nausea, vomiting and motion sickness.
- For the treatment of gastroparesis (sluggish movements of the stomach).
- For the treatment of chronic dyspepsia (indigestion).
Contraindications of Dom Dt 10 MG
- If you are allergic to domperidone or any other ingredients of Dom DT tablet.
- If you have been passing black, tarry bowel stools or blood in your stools.
- If you have any liver, kidney or heart disease.
- If you have a blockage, obstruction or tear in any part of your intestine.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland called a prolactinoma.
- If you have a low level of magnesium or a high level of potassium in your blood.
Side effects of Dom Dt 10 MG
- Dry mouth
- Hard bowel movements
Precautions and Warnings of Dom Dt 10 MG
Can I take the Dom DT tablet during pregnancy?
Dom DT 10 tablet should be avoided during pregnancy due to a lack of safety information.
Can I take the Dom DT tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not take the Dom DT tablets if you are breastfeeding. A small amount of this medicine passes into the breastmilk. It may cause unwanted side effects in a breastfed baby. It should be used during breastfeeding if your doctor considers it necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Dom DT tablet?
You need to be cautious while driving, as this medicine can cause sleepiness, confusion or less control over your movements.
Can I consume alcohol with the Dom DT tablet?
Do not consume alcohol, as it increases the side effects of Dom DT 10 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart disorders or you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- You experience palpitations, breathing issues or loss of consciousness while taking Dom DT 10 tablet.
Mode of Action of Dom Dt 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Dom DT tablet works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (dopamine) in the brain. Dopamine can trigger the vomiting centre and cause a feeling of nausea and the action of vomiting. It also increases the movement of the stomach and intestines to allow easy movement of food through the stomach and bowel....
Directions for Use of Dom Dt 10 MG
- Dom DT tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Dissolve it whole with a small quantity of water in a glass on an empty stomach.
- For best results, this medicine should be taken before food.
Interactions of Dom Dt 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Dom DT 10 Tablet works or Dom DT 10 tablet itself can affect the way other medicines works when taken simultaneously. Especially, if you are taking antifungals, such as ketoconazole and fluconazole; antibiotics, such as erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, moxifloxacin and pentamidine; medicines for heart problems or high blood pressure eg. amiodarone, dronedarone, quinidine, disopyramide, dofetilide, sotalol, diltiazem and verapamil; medicines for psychoses (eg, haloperidol, pimozide and sertindole); medicines for depression (eg, citalopram, escitalopram) and medicines for AIDS/HIV....
Storage and disposal of Dom Dt 10 MG
Store it at room temperature and keep away from heat, moisture and light. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Dom Dt 10 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include difficulty in speaking, poor coordination, dizziness, fainting, irregular heartbeat, light-headedness, loss of balance and poor muscle control. Seek emergency medical attention immediately if you suspect an overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of the Dom DT tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Dom DT tablet affect the menstrual cycle?
A: Dom DT tablet does not affect the menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle is hormone-regulated.
Q: Can Dom DT tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Yes, this medicine should be taken on an empty stomach.
Q: Can we take Dom DT after food?
A: Dom DT tablet should be taken preferably before consuming food.
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 January 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 January 2022]
- MOTILIUM® Tablets [Internet]. Janssen.com. 2022 [cited 14 January 2022]
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 January 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed