Dibizide M Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dibizide M Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of Glipizide and Metformin. It is used in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken with or after having your food. Do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Dibizide M Tablet
Dibizide M Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus).
Contraindications of Dibizide M Tablet
- If you are allergic to Glipizide or Metformin or any other ingredients of Dibizide M Tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic or have any thyroid problems.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with either nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, deep or rapid breathing, sleepiness, weight loss, unconsciousness, etc.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you suffer from dehydration or severe diarrhoea or vomiting.
- If you are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
- If you have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are on an antifungal medication like miconazole.
Side effects of Dibizide M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste
- Decreased appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Low blood sugar
- Blurred vision, headache, constipation, confusion (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Dibizide M Tablet
Can I take Dibizide M Tablet during pregnancy?
- Dibizide M Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harm to the unborn baby.
- In general, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral blood sugar-lowering medicines.
- It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Dibizide M Tablet while breastfeeding?
- Dibizide M Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as only limited information is available about its safety in lactating women.
- It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dibizide M Tablet?
- Dibizide M Tablet is known to cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your driving ability.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Can I consume alcohol with Dibizide M Tablet?
It is unsafe to consume alcohol while on treatment with Dibizide M Tablet. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and can also increase the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your liver or uncontrolled diabetes.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You consume alcohol on regular basis.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or operation.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Dibizide M Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Dibizide M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Dibizide M Tablet works by the combined action of Glipizide and Metformin.
- Glipizide works by stimulating the release of insulin from your pancreas, thus reducing blood sugar.
- Metformin works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Dibizide M Tablet
- Dibizide M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or after your meals.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dibizide M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dibizide M Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Dibizide M Tablet should not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat fungal infection) as it can cause low blood sugar leading to symptoms like fatigue, fast or irregular heartbeats, sweating or even coma.Read less
- You should not use Dibizide M Tablet along with danazol used to treat breast and menstrual disorders, as it may cause high blood sugar.
- You may experience low blood sugar when taken along with Phenylbutazone, concomitant use of these medicines is not recommended.
- You may experience high blood sugar when taken along with medicines to treat asthma (salbutamol, ritodrine, terbutaline), you should be cautious.
- You may experience abnormal blood sugar levels when taken along with antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, Gemifloxacin, levofloxacin.
- Dibizide M Tablet may increase the effects of medicines that reduce blood clotting like warfarin, heparin.
- Be cautious when taken along with medicines to treat high blood sugar (insulin), antibiotics (Sulfadiazine, Bactrim, clarithromycin), a medicine used to reduce pain and swelling like ibuprofen, celecoxib, medicines to treat high blood pressure or heart diseases (captopril or enalapril), medicines to treat your mental health (phenelzine, selegiline).Read less
Storage and disposal of Dibizide M Tablet
- Dibizide M Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Dibizide M Tablet
- Excess of this medicine may lead to lactic acidosis, coma, fits.
- You may experience symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, unconsciousness, difficulty in breathing.
- Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken too much of Dibizide M Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Dibizide M Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Dibizide M Tablet?
A: Dibizide M Tablet is a combination medicine containing Glipizide and Metformin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus).
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil).
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
Q: What foods should I avoid eating, being a diabetic patient?
- Avoid eating oily and fried food.
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking.
Q: How to take Dibizide M Tablet?
A: Dibizide M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or after your meals. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should Dibizide M Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Your doctor may recommend you take Dibizide M Tablet with or after having food.
- EMA. SmPC. Glipizide 5 mg Tablets. [Accessed on 28-Oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. PIL. Glipizide 5 mg Tablets. [Accessed on 28-Oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC.Metformin 500mg tablets . [Accessed on 28-Oct-2020] (online)
- EMA. PIL. Metformin 500mg tablets. [Accessed on 28-Oct-2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Glipizide + Metformin tablets. [Accessed on 28-Oct-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved