Glynase Mf Strip Of 10 Tablets
Glynase-MF tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It contains a combination of glipizide and metformin as the active ingredient. Diabetes is a
condition where the blood sugar level increases in the body. This medicine helps to lower the raised blood sugar levels. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed by your doctor. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Do not skip the meal, take small but frequent meals. Before using Glynase-MF tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Practising a healthy lifestyle along with this medicine will help you get faster control over blood sugar levels.
|You Save||₹3.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Metformin(500.0 Mg) + Glipizide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, rash, dizziness|
Uses of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Contraindications of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- If you are allergic to glipizide or metformin or any other ingredients of Glynase-MF tablet.
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are an alcoholic or have any thyroid problems.
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes along with either nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, deep or rapid breathing, sleepiness, weight loss, unconsciousness, etc.
- If you have any heart problems or if you recently had a heart attack.
- If you have type 1 diabetes.
- If you suffer from dehydration or severe diarrhoea or vomiting.
- If you are going to undergo any surgery or operation.
- If you have ketone bodies and sugar in your urine.
- If you have a severe infection of the lung or kidney.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
- If you are on an antifungal medication like miconazole.
Side effects of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Upset stomach
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Glynase MF tablet may cause low blood sugar levels, which can impair your ability to drive.
- Always keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in your car with you while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice.
- Do not consume sugar-free at such episodes.
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or uncontrolled diabetes.
- You are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate.
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis.
- You have G6PD deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You experience severe diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids.
- You have problems with your adrenal or pituitary glands.
- You are scheduled to have surgery or an operation.
- You consume alcohol on regular basis.
- You develop a fever or infection.
- You eat less or exercise more than usual.
- You suffer from dehydration.
- You are above 60 years old.
- Stop taking this medicine for a short duration if you have severe vomiting or diarrhoea, fever, etc.
- Glynase-MF tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old.
Directions for Use of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Take Glynase MF tablet in the dose and duration as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with water. Do not chew or break the tablet.
- It should be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- Store Glynase MF tablet in the room temperature.
- Protect it from excess heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach from children and pets.
Dosage of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your blood sugar medicines as they may lead to high blood sugar and symptoms associated with that.
- If you missed any dose of Glynase MF, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Mode of Action of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
How Does It Work?
Interactions of GLYNASE MF STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glynase MF tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines such as thiazides and other diuretics, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, thyroid products, estrogens, oral contraceptives, phenytoin, nicotinic acid, sympathomimetics, calcium channel blocking drugs, and isoniazid, furosemide, nifedipine, carbonic anhydrase Inhibitors, acetazolamide (diamox), dichlorphenamide (keveyis), methazolamide, topiramate (topamax, in qsymia), or zonisamide (zonegran)....
- Glynase MF tablets should not be used along with Miconazole (used to treat fungal infection) as it can cause low blood sugar leading to symptoms like fatigue, fast or irregular heartbeats, sweating or even coma....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Glynase MF tablet?
Q: How does it affect if you consume alcohol with Glynase MF tablet?
Q: Can we take tab Glynase MF if suffering from lactic acidosis?
Q: When should I take Glynase MF?
Q: What combination does Glynase Mf contain?
Q: Can Glynase-MF tablet be stopped?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- METAGLIP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Metaglip, (glipizide-metformin) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- 5 mg Glipizide/500 mg Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets, Fasting - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Glipizide and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets, USP [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Glipizide: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL (glipizide) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Metformin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Glipizide 5 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Glipizide 5 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Metformin 500mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]