Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
By VANGUARD THERAPEUTICS PVT LTD
10ml Ear Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dewax Ear Drops 10ml Description
Dewax Ear drops is a combination medicine used to remove impacted ear wax and also helps in reducing pain and irritation associated with it. It contains four active ingredients paradichlorobenzene, c
hlorbutol, turpentine oil and lidocaine. It is meant to be used only in the ears. Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any other conditions and are taking medicines for it. This medicine is to be instilled in the ear canal according to the doctor's advice. Use this medicine in appropriate doses as prescribed by your doctor. Do not share your drops with anyone else.
|You Save||₹12.29 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dichlorobenzene(2.0 %) + Turpentine Oil(15.0 %) + Chlorbutol(5.0 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %)|
|Uses||Ear pain and removal of hard ear wax|
|Side effects||Headache, application site reactions|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR EAR WAX|
Check more medicines with composition as Dichlorobenzene(2.0 %) + Turpentine Oil(15.0 %) + Chlorbutol(5.0 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %)
Uses of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
Dewax Ear drops is used to remove impacted ear wax and also helps in reducing pain and irritation associated with it.
Contraindications of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Dewax Ear drops.
Side effects of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
- Application site reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
Can I use the Dewax Ear drops during pregnancy?
This medicine may pass into the blood of the baby and may produce side effects, so take the doctor's advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I use the Dewax Ear drops while breastfeeding?
Dewax Ear drops should be used while breastfeeding only under medical advice as there is limited information available about its safety.
Can I drive if I have instilled the Dewax Ear drops?
There is limited information about the effects of Dewax Ear drops on driving, but since it is meant for local application on the ear, it may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery. However, if you experience temporary disturbance in hearing do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Dewax Ear drops?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Dewax Ear drops. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are having any kind of ear-related problems like damage to the ear canal or hearing issue.
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition like stomach or intestinal ulcers, kidney or liver-related disorder, muscle weakness, Parkinson's disease, blood-related disorder.
- This medicine is to be used in children 1 year and above.
- It should be used with caution in the geriatric population (old aged).
- Your doctor may examine your ear with the proper instrument before prescribing these drops to check the hearing membrane. If this medicine goes inside through a perforated hearing membrane it may produce vertigo and nausea. ...
- You experience any allergic reactions after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
How Does It Work?
- Paradichlorobenzene helps in softening the hard wax impacted in the ear. It acts as a hydrating agent and reduces the thickness of the ear wax. Chlorbutol is an alcohol-based preservative and a wax softener. ...
- Turpentine Oil acts as a lubricating agent. It also provides warmth and relieves ear pain.
- Lidocaine is an anaesthetic medicine, which blocks the nerve fibres which carries pain sensations and helps in relieving pain.
- The combination of this medicine helps in the easy removal of ear wax and prevents infection.
Directions for Use of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Warm the ear drops by holding the bottle in your hand for one to two minutes.
- Remove the cap from the bottle. Place the cap of the bottle on a clean, dry surface.
- For bottles with a dropper, check that the dropper is clean and not cracked.
- Position the head so that the ear faces upward. If you’re giving the drops to yourself, sit or stand upright and tilt your head to the side. If you’re giving the drops to someone else, it may be easiest if the person tilts their head or lies down on their side....
- For adults, gently pull the upper ear up and back. For children, gently pull the lower ear down and back. Squeeze the correct number of drops into the ear as advised by your doctor.
- Gently pull the earlobe up and down to allow the drops to run into the ear. Keep the head tilted for about two to five minutes so the drops can spread into the ear.
- Wipe away any extra liquid with a tissue or clean cloth.
- Put the cap back on to the bottle.
- Wash your hands to remove any medication.
Interactions of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Dewax Ear drops is meant for local application on the ear and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine on the ear. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....
Storage and disposal of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Store it below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dewax Ear Drops 10ml
- As Dewax Ear drops is meant for application in the ear, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you think you have instilled too much of this medicine, wipe out the extra quantity with cotton and tissue....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of these drops, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without a doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dewax Ear drops?
A: Dewax Ear drops is used for the treatment of impacted hard ear wax and keratosis (growth of keratin on the skin or mucous membrane). It helps in the easy removal of impacted wax from the ear. It also relieves pain and swelling of the ear and improves hearing.
Q: How does Dewax Ear drops work?
A: Dewax Ear drops is a combination of four medicines. It contains medicine known as Paradichlorobenzene, Chlorbutol, Turpentine Oil and Lidocaine. Paradichlorobenzene helps in softening the hard wax impacted in the ear. It acts as a hydrating agent and reduces the thickness of the ear wax. Chlorbutol is an alcohol-based preservative and a wax softener. Turpentine Oil acts as a lubricating agent. It also provides warmth and relieves ear pain. Lidocaine is an anaesthetic medicine, which blocks the nerve fibres which carries pain sensations and helps in relieving pain. A combination of this medicine helps in the easy removal of ear wax and prevents infection.
Q: How to use Dewax Ear drops?
A: Lie on your side or back with the infected ear facing upward. Tilt the head towards one side and instil the Dewax Ear drops in the ear. Use only the desired quantities and do not pour extra drops. Keep head tilted for 2-3 minutes to let the drops soak in the ear. Wash your hands before and after the application of Dewax Ear drops.
Q: How many times can we use Dewax drops?
A: Doctors usually prescribe 3 - 4 times of usage in a day. However, it is advised to use it exactly as advised by the doctor. Do not modify the dose and duration on your own.
Q: How much Dewax Ear drops should I use?
A: Use Dewax Ear drops only as directed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by the doctor depending on the underlying condition. Do not use more of it, do not use it more often and do not use it for a longer time than your doctor advised.
Q: What is the composition of Dewax Ear drops?
A: The composition of Dewax Ear drops consists of four active ingredients, paradichlorobenzene, chlorbutol, turpentine oil and lidocaine.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed