Deriva Cms Gel
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriva-CMS gel is used for the treatment and management of acne. Deriva-CMS gel contains two medicines, Clindamycin and Adapalene. Clindamycin is an antibiotic and Adapalene is a medicine derived from
vitamin A. Deriva-CMS gel inhibits the growth of bacteria causing pimples, reduces swelling and inhibits the formation of blemish due to the accumulation of oil and dirt. Avoid excessive use of makeup, other products on your skin when using this gel. Avoid using it if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding. Do not pop acne as that leads to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead to the spread of acne and acne scar....
Uses of Deriva Cms Gel
Deriva-CMS gel is used for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
Contraindications of Deriva Cms Gel
- If you are allergic to Clindamycin, Adapalene or any other components of the Deriva-CMS gel.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Deriva Cms Gel
- Skin peeling
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
Precautions and Warnings of Deriva Cms Gel
Can I apply the Deriva-CMS gel during pregnancy?
Deriva-CMS gel is applied to the skin and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little. The chances of any effect in pregnancy are rare. Still, this medicine should be used only under medical supervision as components of this medicine are known to be unsafe during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. In case you are prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply the Deriva-CMS gel while breastfeeding?
Deriva-CMS gel should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mothers as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied the Deriva-CMS gel?
Deriva-CMS gel does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied the Deriva-CMS gel?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and the Deriva-CMS gel. However, alcohol is known to worsen infection and inflammation; it's better to avoid consuming alcohol when you are prescribed this gel.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience skin reactions like dryness, skin peeling, burning sensation.
- Your skin may get more sensitive to sunlight after using this gel, protect the area from direct sunlight.
- You have a history of inflammation of the colon or antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
- Deriva-CMS gel should not come in contact with the eyes, mouth, nostrils or internal surfaces of the skin.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, wash with warm water immediately.
- You are prone to allergies (atopic).
Mode of Action of Deriva Cms Gel
How Does It Work?
- Deriva-CMS Gel works by the combined action of its two components Clindamycin and Adapalene.
- Clindamycin inhibits the protein synthesis in the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thus inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- Adapalene acts by inhibiting the rooting of pimples inside the skin and decreases swelling and inflammation. It also removes dead skin cells and enhances deeper penetration of Clindamycin.
Directions for Use of Deriva Cms Gel
- Use this Deriva-CMS gel as directed by your doctor for external use only.
- Apply it on the skin surface free from cuts & wounds.
- Wash your hands before & after using this medicine.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this gel, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
- Avoid touching the tip of the container directly to the infected area of the skin.
Interactions of Deriva Cms Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of the Deriva-CMS gel with other medicines. However, as this gel contains Clindamycin & Adapalene, any interaction seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Deriva-CMS gel is meant for local application on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally.
- However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.
- Be cautious if you are taking oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Acenocoumarol and Fluindione as components of this medicine may interact with the gel. Regular monitoring of blood coagulation parameters is recommended....Read more
Storage and disposal of Deriva Cms Gel
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Deriva Cms Gel
As Deriva-CMS gel is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have o
verapplied it, wipe out excess medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any application of this gel, apply it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next application, skip the missed application and continue with your regular schedule. Do not ov
erapply this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying the Deriva-CMS gel?
- Do not use it for a longer time than your doctor suggested.
- Do not apply the gel to windburned or sunburned skin or on open wounds.
- Do not use this medicine in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- Rub in gently and well on the infected part of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of the Deriva-CMS gel.
Q: For how long do I need to apply this gel?
A: Keep using this medicine for the full time of treatment, even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a short time. If you stop using this medicine too soon, your acne may return or get worse.
Q: Can I use the Deriva-CMS gel for children?
A: The safety and effectiveness of the Deriva-CMS gel in pediatric patients under the age of 12 have not been established.
Q: Can I use the Deriva-CMS gel in viral infections?
A: Clindamycin is an antibacterial medicine and is not effective against viral infections.
Q: Does Deriva-CMS gel remove scars?
A: Yes, adapalene present in the gel can help in reducing the scars after acne.
Q: How to apply the Deriva-CMS gel on the face?
- Wash your face with a soap or face wash and pat it dry.
- Wash your hands before applying the Acnestar gel.
- Apply a thin layer, rub it thoroughly and let it get absorbed.
- Avoid touching and pressing the acne, pimple too firmly while using it.
- Repeat it as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Will Deriva-CMS gel be more effective if I use it more than recommended?
A: Do not use more than the recommended amount of the Deriva-CMS gel, as it may cause overabsorption of the gel into the skin and can cause skin dryness, diarrhoea. Various skin conditions take considerable time to heal and get cured completely. Hence, it is recommended to apply this medicine as recommended by the doctor.
Q: Does Deriva-CMS gel treat cystic acne?
A: Yes, Deriva-CMS gel contains adapalene and clindamycin which helps in treating cystic acne too. However, it is recommended to use only after consulting your dermatologist.
Q: Is Deriva-CMS gel a steroid?
A: No, Deriva-CMS gel is not a steroid. It contains vitamin A derivative and an antibiotic as its active ingredients which provide the desired effect.
- ACNETOR AD (Clindamycin & Adapalene Gel) [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 9 September 2021]
- Dalacin Cream 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 September 2021]
- Differin Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 September 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 September 2021]
Last Updated on: 09 Sep 2021 | 04:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved