Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet contains a combination of etofylline and theophylline and is known as bronchodilators medicine. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of the airway and cleaning the obstruction. It is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a condition where the airway is narrowed or swollen with the presence of mucous, which leads to breathing difficulties and coughing. This medicine should be taken in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue this medicine on your own without informing your doctor. Inform the doctor about all other medicines you are taking, any diseases you are having or any allergies you have before starting with the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet.
Uses of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet is used to manage the airway obstruction or tightening associated with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to theophylline, etofylline or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a rare blood disorder called Porphyria.
- If this tablet is given along with other medicines like Ephedrine to treat asthma to children less than 6 years of age.
- Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet is contraindicated in children under 6 months of age.
Side effects of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Abdominal pain
- Dizziness, headache
- Increased urination
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet during pregnancy?
Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet pass into the breastmilk, which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet?
Since this medicine may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or cannot be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet?
Alcohol can alter the way this medicine work. So, it should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems, including high blood pressure.
- You have any liver problems or stomach ulcers or thyroid problems.
- You are a smoker or have a habit of drinking alcohol, which may alter the way this medicine works.
Mode of Action of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet contains Theophylline and Etofylline and they are known as bronchodilators.
- Etofylline is a derivative of theophylline. It works by dilating and relaxing the airway muscles.
- Theophylline decreases swelling in the lungs of asthma patients and helps to relieve the feeling of blockage.
Directions for Use of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with water, with or without eating a meal.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time without fail, as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet may interact with other medicines and create an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations.Read less
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Enoxacin may increase the effect of this medicine.
- Medicines like Aminoglutethimide, Isoprenaline, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Rifampicin, Ritonavir, Sulphinpyrazone, Barbiturates and Hypericum perforatum may reduce the effect of the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet.Read less
- Other medicines that can interact with the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet are Halothane, anticancer medicines such as Lomustine, Lithium, Steroids, Diuretics, Ephedrine and Ketamine.
Dosage of Deriphyllin Od 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Overdose symptoms include blood vomiting, pain in the upper abdomen, restlessness, muscle stiffness and fits. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet be given to patients with heart disorders?
A: Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet should be used cautiously in patients with heart disorders, as this medicine may cause an increase in heartbeats. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Can the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet be given to diabetic patients?
A: Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet should be given to diabetic patients with caution; it may increase blood glucose. It is mandatory to consult the doctor before using this medication.
Q: Does the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet contain steroids?
A: No, the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet does not contain steroids. It contains a combination of etofylline & theophylline and is known as bronchodilators.
Q: Does the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet cause drowsiness?
A: Yes, drowsiness is a side effect of the Deriphyllin OD 300 tablet, so after taking this medicine, driving and handling any machinery should be avoided.
Last Updated on: 13 Jul 2021 | 08:07 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved