Defza 6mg Tablet
Defza 6 MG Description
Defza 6 tablet contains a steroid known as deflazacort. It is used for managing various conditions associated with asthma, arthritis, other allergic and inflammatory conditions. It reduces inflammati
on and allergy and improves the immune system. Caution is advised in persons having gastrointestinal disorders and diabetes. You should take Defza 6 tablet exactly in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Also, inform your doctor of a detailed medical history of health condition including pregnancy or planning a pregnancy, breastfeeding. Tell about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹16.84 (15% on MRP)|
- Defagood 6 Mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Velnex Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.00₹ 136.0014.47% CHEAPER₹ 13.6/Tablet
Uses of Defza 6 MG
Contraindications of Defza 6 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Defza 6.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an untreated or undertreated infection.
Side effects of Defza 6 MG
- Blurred vision
- Body ache
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Acne, hair growth on the face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Defza 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have or have a history of fits.
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney, liver or heart disease, stomach ulcers, overactive thyroid, muscle weakness, weak or brittle bones or tuberculosis etc....
- You have a tumor of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Defza 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Defza 6 MG
- Defza 6 should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Defza 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Defza 6 works or Defza itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, painkillers like aspirin, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, blood thinners like warfarin, anti-tuberculosis medicines, medicines used for breathing-related disorders like salbutamol etc....
- Try to keep a gap of at least two hours between defcort and antacids.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Defza 6 MG
- Store the medicine below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Defza 6 MG
- If you think you have taken too much of Defza 6, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Defza 6 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is this medicine safe to use?
Q: Can I stop taking Defza 6 tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhea
Q: How does Defza 6 tablet work?
Q: Is Defza 6 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Defza 6 tablet for COVID-19?
Q: For how long do I need to take Defza 6?
Q: What is the composition of Defza 6?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Deflazacort (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Hormones and Related Drugs: 234-335.