Defza 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Defza 6 MG Description
Defza 6 tablet is used to treat various disease conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eyes, blood, skin, asthma and post-transplant surgeries. It contains deflazacort, which belongs to a group of
medicines called steroids. This tablet acts by reducing inflammation (swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Defza 6 at around the same time every day as directed by your doctor. Take Defza 6 with or without medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it may worsen the condition. You may experience symptoms such as loss of appetite, an upset stomach, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, headache, joint and muscle pain and weight loss. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely.
|You Save||₹21.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergic condition, inflammation|
|Side effects||Nausea, indigestion, headache, weight gain|
- Deflac 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 60.7650.69% CHEAPER₹ 6.08/Tablet
- Deflaford 6mg TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 111.309.73% CHEAPER₹ 11.13/Tablet
- Flacort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Solvate Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 113.14₹ 113.148.27% CHEAPER₹ 11.31/Tablet
- Cortimax 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 131.20₹ 111.529.57% CHEAPER₹ 11.15/Tablet
- Dezacor 6mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 136.85₹ 116.325.68% CHEAPER₹ 11.63/Tablet
- Coecortt 6mg TabletBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 138.00₹ 117.304.87% CHEAPER₹ 11.73/Tablet
- Cytoza 6 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lefiable Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 114.756.89% CHEAPER₹ 11.48/Tablet
- Defstar 6mg TabletBy Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.62₹ 115.766.08% CHEAPER₹ 11.58/Tablet
- Veocort 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Vereor Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.00₹ 99.4519.38% CHEAPER₹ 9.95/Tablet
- Mahacort Dz 6mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 95.60₹ 81.2634.06% CHEAPER₹ 8.13/Tablet
Uses of Defza 6 MG
Contraindications of Defza 6 MG
- If you are allergic to deflazacort or any of the ingredients of Defza 6 tablet.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an infection.
Side effects of Defza 6 MG
- Weight gain especially around face
- Irregular periods
- Muscle weakness
- Acne, hair growth on face
- Mood changes
Precautions and Warnings of Defza 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of depression or mania or family history of mental illness
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure or fits
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers
- You have kidney, liver or heart disease
- You have tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma)
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis)
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes)
- You ever had a tuberculosis
- You have irregular menses
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier then you should avoid contact and inform your doctor.
- You are going to take any vaccine
Directions for Use of Defza 6 MG
- Defza 6 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Defza 6 MG
- Store Defza 6 tablets at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Defza 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Defza 6 MG
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroid like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation.
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Interactions of Defza 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage
- Oral contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline)
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Defza 6 safe to use?
Q: Can I stop taking Defza 6 tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking Defza-6 on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhea.
Q: Is Defza 6 tablet a steroid?
Q: How does Defza 6 tablet work?
Q: Is the Defza 6 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take Defza 6 tablet for COVID-19?
Q: For how long do I need to take Defza 6?
Q: What is the composition of Defza 6?
Q: What are the side effects of Defza 6?
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Emflaza tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- EMFLAZA- deflazacort tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]
- Lactmed - Deflazacort [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 April 2022]