Cortimax 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Cortimax 6 MG Description
Cortimax 6mg tablet is a steroid that contains deflazacort as its active ingredient. It is used to treat or manage various disease conditions such as asthma, arthritis, and other allergic and inflamm
atory conditions. This corticosteroid acts by reducing inflammation (swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Cortimax 6mg tablet at the same time every day as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may cause symptoms such as loss of appetite, an upset stomach, vomiting, etc. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Deflac 6mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 60.7650.37% CHEAPER₹ 6.08/Tablet
Uses of Cortimax 6 MG
Contraindications of Cortimax 6 MG
- If you are allergic to deflazacort or any other ingredients of Cortimax 6mg tablet.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an infection.
Side effects of Cortimax 6 MG
- Weight gain
- Swelling in hands, feet, face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes
- Black tarry stool
- Mood changes
Precautions and Warnings of Cortimax 6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have fits.
- You have an underlying medical condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, kidney, liver or heart diseases, weak bones, muscle weakness, thyroid problem, etc.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have an infection in your eye due to the herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You ever had tuberculosis.
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Cortimax 6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cortimax 6 MG
Interactions of Cortimax 6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cortimax works or can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for fits, breathing-related disorders like salbutamol, anti-diabetic medicines, water pills, painkillers like aspirin, anti-fungal medicines like ketoconazole, blood thinners like warfarin, anti-tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, oral contraceptives, etc....
- Try to keep a gap of at least two hours between Cortimax and antacids.
Storage and disposal of Cortimax 6 MG
- Store Cortimax 6mg tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Cortimax 6 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Cortimax 6mg tablet safe to use?
Q: Can I stop taking Cortimax 6mg tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking Cortimax 6mg tablet on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.
Q: Is Cortimax 6mg tablet a steroid?
Q: Is Cortimax 6mg tablet a painkiller?
Q: What are the side effects of Cortimax?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Calcort 6mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Calcort 6mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 May 2022]