Defcort 12mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Defcort 12 MG Description
Defcort 12 tablet contains a steroid known as deflazacort. It is used for managing various conditions associated with asthma, arthritis, and other allergic and inflammatory conditions. It reduces inf
lammation and allergy and improves the immune system. Caution is advised in persons having gastrointestinal disorders and diabetes. You should take Defcort 12 tablet exactly in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹24.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergies, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis|
|Side effects||Blurred vision, body ache, weight gain, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Deflazacort(12.0 Mg)
3 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Defcort 12mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Cortimax 12mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 161.95₹ 137.660.04% CHEAPER₹ 22.94/Tablet
- Orthocort 12mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 147.60₹ 125.468.89% CHEAPER₹ 20.91/Tablet
- Diascort 12mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sb Lifesciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.00₹ 149.0035.08% CHEAPER₹ 14.9/Tablet
Uses of Defcort 12 MG
Defcort 12 tablet is used for the treatment and management of asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and various allergic and inflammatory conditions.
Contraindications of Defcort 12 MG
- If you are allergic to deflazacort or any of the ingredients of Defcort 12 tablet.
- If you recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an untreated or undertreated infection.
Side effects of Defcort 12 MG
- Blurred vision
- Body ache
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Defcort 12 MG
Can I take Defcort 12 tablet during pregnancy?
Defcort 12 tablet should only be used in pregnancy if your doctor prescribes you this medicine after assessing the risk and the benefit.
Can I take Defcort 12 tablet while breastfeeding?
Defcort 12 tablet may pass into the breast milk. Defcort 12 tablet should be used in breastfeeding women only if it is considered to be essential by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Defcort 12 tablet?
Defcort 12 tablet can cause dizziness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with the Defcort 12 tablet?
No information is available on the interaction of Defcort 12 tablet with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with Defcort 12 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You experience fits/seizures.
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney, liver or heart disease, stomach ulcers, overactive thyroid, muscle weakness, weak or brittle bones or tuberculosis, etc....
- You have a tumour of adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have an infection in your eye due to the herpes simplex virus (ocular herpes).
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Defcort 12 MG
How Does It Work?
Defcort 12 tablet works by interfering with the release of certain chemicals in your body that causes inflammation and thus helps in relieving inflammation and allergies. It also plays an important role in modifying immune response thus useful in various autoimmune disorders....
Directions for Use of Defcort 12 MG
- Defcort 12 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break, or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Defcort 12 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Defcort 12 tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, painkillers like aspirin, antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, blood thinners like warfarin, anti-tuberculosis medicines, medicines used for breathing-related disorders like salbutamol....
- Try to keep a gap of at least two hours between Defcort 12 tablet and antacids.
Storage and disposal of Defcort 12 MG
- Store Defcort 12 tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Defcort 12 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Defcort tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Defcort 12 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Defcort 12 tablet safe to use?
A: Before you start taking this medication, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking the Defcort 12 tablet on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/ she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.
Q: What is the use of Defcort 12 tablet?
A: Defcort 12 tablet is used for the treatment and management of asthma, rheumatoid arthritis and various allergic and inflammatory conditions.
Q: Is Defcort 12 tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, Defcort 12 tablet contains deflazacort as the active substance, which is a steroid medicine.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Calcort 6mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
- Deflazacort (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 25 Apr 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed