D Val Er 500mg Tab
By BARODA PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
D Val Er Tablet is an antiepileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various forms of epilepsy. Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can result in abnormal brain activity, uncontrolled movements, fits, seizures and loss of consciousness. It is also used for the treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder. D Val Er Tablet contains sodium valproate and valproic acid as the active ingredients. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history including all the medicines you are currently taking....
Uses of D Val Er 500mg Tab
D Val Er Tablet is used in the treatment of various forms of epilepsy and manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of D Val Er 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to D Val Er Tablet or any ingredients present along with it.
- If you have or had acute or chronic hepatitis or have a family history of severe hepatitis, especially medicine related.
- If you have a history of liver damage or liver failure.
- If you have a history of pancreatitis or damage to the pancreas.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- If you have certain disorders that affect metabolism.
- If you have conditions that affect the processing of urea (metabolic waste) in the body.
- D Val Er Tablet is not meant for children below 2 years of age.
Side effects of D Val Er 500mg Tab
- Tremors of hands and feet
- Involuntary eye movement
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of D Val Er 500mg Tab
Can I take D Val Er Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not take D Val Er Tablet during pregnancy or if you are planning to have a baby. This medicine may cause harm to your baby. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, discontinue the treatment and consult your doctor immediately. Your doctor may switch you to a safer alternative.
Can I take D Val Er Tablet while breastfeeding?
Small quantities of D Val Er Tablet pass into the breast milk and can affect your baby if you are breastfeeding the baby. Thus, it is recommended to consult your doctor if you are consuming this medicine and breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed D Val Er Tablet?
D Val Er Tablet may make you feel sleepy or confused. Individuals must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery immediately after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with D Val Er Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking D Val Er Tablet as alcohol can affect the concentration of this medicine in your body and can also affect its desired action.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have or had a liver disease/failure or a recent liver transplant.
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions like pancreas, liver or kidney diseases or any kind of blood-related disorder.
- You are giving this to children below 3 years.
- You experience any sudden changes in mood, sad thoughts, changes in thinking and decision making.
Mode of Action of D Val Er 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
D Val Er Tablet is a combination medicine that acts by increasing the release of certain chemical in the brain that regulates the electrical activity in the brain.
Directions for Use of D Val Er 500mg Tab
- D Val Er Tablet is to be taken as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
- This tablet can be taken with or after food.
Interactions of D Val Er 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the D Val Er Tablet works if taken at the same time. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule....
- Especially if you are already taking any other anti-epileptic medicines like phenytoin, anti-migraine medicines, antidepressants, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, contraceptives, etc.
- Use of medicines like warfarin (blood thinners), zidovudine (used in HIV infection), anti-cancer medicines, selegiline, diazepam, quetiapine (used to treat your mental health), propofol (used for anaesthesia) along with D Val Er Tablet may increase their effects....
- Concomitant use along with medicines like chloroquine (used in malaria), cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), rifampicin, meropenem (antibiotics), cholestyramine (used to lower cholesterol) may alter the way this medicine works....
Storage and disposal of D Val Er 500mg Tab
- Store in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of D Val Er 500mg Tab
An overdose of D Val Er Tablet should be immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of this medicine as it can aggravate your medical condition. Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does D Val Er Tablet contain?
A: D Val Er Tablet is a combination medicine and contains a combination of sodium valproate and valproic acid as the active ingredients. It is used for the treatment of all types of epilepsy. It is also used for the treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.
Q: When should I take D Val Er Tablet?
A: This medicine is to be taken with or after food as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
A: Alcohol can affect the way this medicine works, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Q: Does D Val Er Tablet cause an addiction?
A: No, D Val Er Tablet does not cause addiction. However, it should be taken as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not self-medicate as it can lead to severe unwanted effects.
D VAL ER
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.