Cycloxan 50mg Tablet
Cycloxan 50 MG Description
Cycloxan Tablet contains cyclophosphamide, which is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in various types of cancer of the blood, eye, breast, etc and in certain kidney diseases in children where othe
r treatments cannot be given. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting Cycloxan Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Cycloxan 50 MG
- Cycloxan Tablet is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as cancer of the blood, eye, breast.
- It is also used in a certain kidney disease in children in whom other treatments cannot be given.
Contraindications of Cycloxan 50 MG
- If you are allergic to cyclophosphamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an obstruction in the urinary path.
Side effects of Cycloxan 50 MG
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Mouth ulcer
- Blurring of vision
- Absence of menstrual period
- Early stoppage of the menstrual period
Precautions and Warnings of Cycloxan 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your immunity is suppressed.
- You have kidney disease, liver disease or heart disease.
- You are planning for pregnancy, as the use of Cycloxan Tablet can impair fertility.
Mode of Action of Cycloxan 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cycloxan 50 MG
Interactions of Cycloxan 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Cycloxan Tablets with medicines known as protease inhibitors such as doxorubicin, etoposide can increase the blood concentration of this Tablet.
- Medicines used in rheumatoid arthritis such as azathioprine, when taken along with this Tablet, can cause liver toxicities.
- Antifungal medicines such as metronidazole, when taken along with this medicine, can cause brain diseases.
- Concomitant use along with medicines used to thin blood such as warfarin may affect the effect of warfarin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, before starting with the Cycloxan Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Cycloxan 50 MG
- Store Cycloxan Tablet at 20°c to 25°c in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cycloxan 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Cycloxan Tablets include fever, cough, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, breathing difficulty, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.