Corex Dx Syp 100ml
By PFIZER LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Corex Dx Syrup is used for temporary relief of cough due to throat irritation, sneezing & running nose. It contains a combination of two medicines- Chlorpheniramine and Dextromethorphan. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic medicine whereas dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. The common side effects of this syrup are drowsiness, sleepiness, upset stomach, dizziness. These are mostly for the short term and fade quickly with time. You should avoid taking this syrup along with medicines used to treat your psychiatric illness, as it may worsen your condition.
Uses of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
Corex Dx syrup gives short-term relief from sneezing, cough, or runny nose due to minor throat and airway irritation which occurs during common cold and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
- In case you're allergic to Chlorpheniramine, Dextromethorphan or any other components of this syrup.
- If you are having or had medicines like sodium oxybate (used to prevent day time sleepiness)
- You should not take Corex DX syrup with or at least two weeks after the treatment with any medicine from class monoamine oxidase inhibitors. An example of such medicine is Phenelzine, Selegiline (used to treat mental illness or Parkinson's disease). In case you don't know whether your prescription includes such medicines, ask your doctor before taking Corex Dx syrup.read less
Side effects of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
- Upset stomach
- Blurring of vision
Precautions and Warnings of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
Can I take Corex Dx Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of Corex Dx syrup in human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this cough syrup during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant. This syrup should be used only if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
Can I take Corex Dx Syrup while breastfeeding?
There is no safety information about the effects of Corex Dx syrup during breastfeeding. Thus, it is unknown if Corex Dx syrup passes into human milk. You should consult your doctor before using cough syrup during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Corex Dx Syrup?
Corex Dx syrup produces blurring of vision and drowsiness as side effects. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Corex Dx Syrup?
Corex Dx syrup may produce drowsiness or sleepiness as a side effect, so if you consume it along with alcohol, it may exaggerate the drowsiness or sleepiness. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with this cough syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Chlorpheniramine and/or Dextromethorphan.
- You have a cough for a long time with a lot of mucus (like asthma, emphysema or smoking).
- You have eye problems like glaucoma (increase pressure in the eye).
- You have difficulty in urination and a frequent urge to urinate (enlarged prostate).
- You have problems with your heart and liver.
- You have any breathing problems, high blood pressure and fits.
- In young children, this medicine may produce excitement instead of drowsiness. Be cautious while giving this syrup to children.
- Older people should be cautious while using Corex Dx syrup, as they are more prone to develop dizziness and urination difficulties with this syrup.
- It is not recommended to use this syrup in children below 2 years of age.
- You need to stop using this syrup and ask a doctor if the cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be the signs of a serious ailment.read less
Mode of Action of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Natural substances like Histamine released in our body are responsible for allergies such as sneezing or runny nose
- Chlorpheniramine blocks the effect of these substances and provides relief in symptoms of a common cold
- There are specific areas in the brain (cough centre) which when activated produces coughing
- Dextromethorphan affects these areas and deactivates them, thus helps in relieving the coughing
Directions for Use of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
- Take Corex Dx syrup as per doctor's prescription.
- Shake well before the use and use a measuring cup or spoon for measurement.
- Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours.
Interactions of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Corex Dx syrup should not be taken with a medicine called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) because it produces a condition called serotonin syndrome which is a life-threatening condition that can occur rapidly due to a build-up of an excessive amount of serotonin in the body. In the case of serotonin syndrome, a person may experience high body temperature, high blood pressure, fast heart rate, excitability, tremor (shakiness), and sweating. In such a situation patients should rush to a nearby hospital.read less
- Corex Dx syrup should be used cautiously with other medicines like Codeine, Hydrocodone (used for cough) that cause drowsiness. Alcohol, Marijuana, medicines to treat mental illness (Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Zolpidem, etc.), muscle-relaxing medicines ( Carisoprodol, Cyclobenzaprine), other antihistaminic medicines (Cetirizine, Diphenhydramine, etc.) should be consumed with caution.read less
Interactions with food items
Do not consume grapefruit juice or any other products which might have grapefruit juice.
Storage and disposal of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
- Store Corex Dx syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Please protect it from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Corex Dx Syp 100ml
The overdose of Corex Dx syrup may cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeats, confusion, hallucination, nervousness, seizures, fits and difficulty in releasing urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive quantity of this syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Corex Dx syrup may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Corex Dx syrup if I am having a prostate problem?
A: Patients suffering from prostate problems (benign prostatic hyperplasia) have symptoms like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urge to go to for urination and dribbling of urine. Corex cough syrup contains a drug named Chlorpheniramine which produces urine retention as a side effect. Therefore, taking this syrup with a prostate problem will worsen the condition. So it is advisable talk to your doctor about your problem before using it.
Q: Can I use Corex DX syrup along with other medicines used to treat my psychiatric illness?
A: No, you should not use Corex DX syrup if you are taking medicines for mental illness.
Q: Can I use Cetirizine along with Corex cough syrup?
A: No, one of the main ingredients in Corex Dx syrup is Chlorpheniramine, which is an anti-allergic medicine and Cetirizine is also an anti-allergic medicine. If you take Cetirizine along with this syrup, it will aggravate the side effects of Chlorpheniramine, especially drowsiness.
Q: Can Corex Dx cough syrup be used in children?
A: Corex Dx cough syrup should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Please refrain from using any medicines for your children without consulting a child specialist.
Q: How long does it take for Corex DX syrup to show its action?
A: It can start showing its action approximately after 2 hours of consumption. However, it varies among individuals depending on their physiological nature.
Q: Can I take Corex Dx cough syrup if I have an eye problem?
A: Corex Dx syrup contains Chlorpheniramine, it increases the pressure in the eye and thus decreases the effectiveness of glaucoma medicines. So it is always advisable to talk to your doctor about your eye problem before using this syrup.
Q: Can Corex Dx cough syrup make me sleepy?
A: Yes, Corex Dx cough syrup can make you feel sleepy and drowsy. Thus, it is recommended that you avoid driving and doing activities that need mental alertness after taking this medicine.
Q: How long do I need to take Corex Dx cough syrup?
A: You should take Corex Dx cough syrup in the dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take an excess dose as it may cause undesired effects. Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not ease or there is a relapse with headache, fever, and rash even after using the cough syrup for 7 days.
Q: Is it safe to use Corex Dx cough syrup while breastfeeding?
A: Corex Dx cough syrup should not be used during breastfeeding, as there is no sufficient data about whether the medicine passes through the breastmilk.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹16.42 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Dextromethorphan(10.0 Mg),Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Common cold and cough|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, sleepiness, dizziness, tiredness, upset stomach|
Last Updated on: 09 Apr 2021 | 10:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved