Corbis Am 5mg Tablet
Corbis AM 5 tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing bisoprolol and amlodipine. Take this medicine in doses and duration as suggested by the doc
or. It should not be stopped without a doctor's advice. Inform your doctor if you recently had a heart attack or are suffering from heart failure or any other medical condition. Never stop taking this medicine on your own, even if you start feeling better. Tell your doctor beforehand about any other medicines you are taking.
Uses of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Contraindications of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
- If you are allergic to bisoprolol and amlodipine or any other ingredients of Corbis Am tablet.
- If you have a history of unstable heart failure (pumping problems of the heart may occur after a heart attack).
- If you have a history of Atrioventricular block (AV block) (a type of heart block that occurs when the electrical signal travelling from the upper chambers of the heart to the lower chambers of the heart is impaired)....
- If you have decreased heart rate or if you have asthma.
- If you are experiencing severe blood circulation problems in your limbs (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), which may cause your fingers and toes to tingle or turn pale or blue.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- If you have metabolic acidosis (Metabolic acidosis is a serious electrolyte disorder characterized by an imbalance in the body's acid-base balance).
Side effects of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
- Palpitations or irregular heartbeat
- Hot flushes
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You have experienced a recent heart attack.
- You have the tendency of heart failure (pumping problem).
- You have diabetes, you are an elderly patient or have any thyroid disorder.
- You suffer from a severe increase in blood pressure (hypertensive crisis).
- You follow strict fasting (fasting from solid food).
- You have certain heart diseases such as disturbance in heart rhythm or severe chest pain at rest (Prinzmetal’s angina).
- Blood circulation problem in your limbs.
- You have asthma or chronic lung disease.
- You have a history of a scaly skin rash (psoriasis).
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland (medulla) (pheochromocytoma).
- Also, tell your doctor if you are going to have Desensitization therapy or any surgery.
Directions for Use of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
- Take Corbis AM tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time, like in the early morning before breakfast.
Storage and disposal of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
- Corbis Am Tablet should be stored at room temperature and protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
How Does It Work?
- Corbis AM works by the collective action of its two active ingredients.
- Amlodipine blocks the calcium channels present in the blood vessels, relaxes the blood vessels and decreases blood pressure.
- While bisoprolol decreases the rate of pumping of the heart and decreases blood pressure.
Interactions of CORBIS AM 5MG TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Corbis Am Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for fungal infection, HIV infection, medicines for heart disease, antibiotic medicines, painkillers and medicines for asthma, anti-diabetic medicines, antidepressants, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are immunosuppressants.
- Avoid concomitant use of other antihypertensive medicines such as verapamil, medicines related to nerve disorder or brain-related disorder, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Corbis Am tablet used for?
Q: Can I stop taking Corbis Am tablet on my own?
Q: What is the dose of Corbis Am tablet?
- Concor AM [Internet]. MIMS. 2021 [cited 23 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Amlodipine 5mg Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B5 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2022]
- Bisoprolol 5 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) B5 Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 June 2022]