Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CONCEPT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Conflox 250mg Tab is an antibiotic and is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. It contains ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. Conflox 250mg Tab kills the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking the action of enzymes essential for DNA replication, repair, etc. Conflox 250mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Taken with or without food. Conflox 250mg Tab or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics makes it ineffective for future treatment. If stopped abruptly it may lead to relapse or return the infection....
Uses of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Conflox 250mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, ear, lung, stomach, intestine, skin & soft tissue, bone & joint, urinary tract and also sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhoea). It used for the treatment of infections due to certain surgical procedure and septicemia in immunocompromised patients....
Contraindications of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If allergic to ciprofloxacin or other ingredient of Conflox 250mg Tab .
- If you are on other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid. If you are not sure about which are the medicines ask the doctor.
- Taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Conflox 250mg Tab during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. The medicine can be used during pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor. If you conceive while taking the medicine, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Conflox 250mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Conflox 250mg Tab can pass into breast milk and may produce undesirable effects in the child. The doctor will tell you whether to discontinue medicine or breastfeeding considering the importance of treatment for the nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Conflox 250mg Tab ?
Conflox 250mg Tab may make you a little dizzy, hence you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Conflox 250mg Tab ?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, long term use of alcohol weakens your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult the doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may have problems with the kidney or liver.
- You may have mental health problems or a history of fits.
- You may have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- Avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You may experience a sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Conflox 250mg Tab and contact the doctor immediately.
- You may develop sudden severe pain in the stomach, back or chest or experience severe diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may experience nervous system-related symptoms like confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You may suffer from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. The medicine further worsens the condition of muscle weakness.
- Conflox 250mg Tab should not be used in children and adolescents.
- The medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell the doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ciprofloxacin in Conflox 250mg Tab blocks the action of an enzyme essential for DNA synthesis in bacteria, inhibiting its growth, multiplication and repair.
Directions for Use of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Conflox 250mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Take with or without food. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Conflox 250mg Tab works, or the medicine itself reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction. Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Cation should be exercised if you are taking medicines for the treatment of uneven heart rhythm, mental health problems, gout, acidity, muscle spasm, seizures, rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's disease, erectile dysfunction, sleeping disorders, skin conditions, blood thinners....
- Conflox 250mg Tab should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking dietary supplements that zinc, iron, antacids containing aluminium or magnesium, medicines for kidney problems such as sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate and medicine for the treatment of ulcer-like sucralfate....
- Conflox 250mg Tab enhances the glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicine hence should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yoghurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Conflox 250mg Tab as they may reduce the absorption of the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Conflox 250mg Tab at a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Conflox 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An overdose causes headache, dizziness, tiredness, confusion, shakiness, hallucinations, difficulty in urination. If you experience the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Conflox 250mg Tab , contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, avoid missing the dose of the medicine. If you have missed a dose of Conflox 250mg Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Conflox 250mg Tab an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Conflox 250mg Tab is an antibiotic.
Q: Can you take Conflox 250mg Tab if I have a fever?
A: No, you cannot take Conflox 250mg Tab if you have a fever as it is used to treat severe bacterial infections and not viral infections like a fever. Also, avoid self-medicating and should take medicines only after consulting the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Conflox 250mg Tab ?
A: Conflox 250mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, ear, stomach, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Conflox 250mg Tab ?
A: You should take Conflox 250mg Tab in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Conflox 250mg Tab before the prescribed duration?
A: Avoid stoping the treatment in between even if you feel better. If you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body which makes the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to the antibiotics and cause severe infections which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Conflox 250mg Tab ?
- Inform the doctor about the detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform the doctor about liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Conflox 250mg Tab may interact with other medicines, hence, inform the doctor about all the medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform the doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.