Clotas Md 0.25mg Tablets
Clotas 0.25 MG Description
Clotas Tablet is therapeutically classified as an antiepileptic medicine with clonazepam as its active ingredient. It is prescribed to treat epileptic seizures, panic disorders and severe anxiety.
GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) is a chemical messenger that produces a feeling of calmness. Sometimes sudden chemical changes occur that reduce GABA below normal and increase the brain's electrical activity, causing fits called epileptic seizures. Clonazepam, the active ingredient in Clotas Tablet, increases the level of GABA, calms the brain and body, and relieves anxiety, panic, and epileptic seizures. Clotas Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. The duration and dose of taking Clotas Tablet vary depending on the patient’s condition and age. Clotas Tablet has a habit-forming potential and may cause physical dependence and hence should not be stopped suddenly without consulting your doctor. This medicine may cause minor to serious side effects. It is advised to consult your doctor before starting treatment with Clotas Tablet and get complete information on its potential side effects and benefits.
|You Save||₹2.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dizziness, increased salivary secretion, frequent urination, changes in sexual drive, blurred vision|
Uses of Clotas 0.25 MG
- Generalised anxiety disorder (excessive thoughts that are difficult to control)
- Panic attacks (all symptoms similar to that of a heart attack)
- Epileptic seizures or epilepsy (sudden jerky movements and rigidity of muscles)
Contraindications of Clotas 0.25 MG
- If you’ve a known allergy to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- If you have a history of glaucoma.
- If you have or had been diagnosed with severe liver disease.
Side effects of Clotas 0.25 MG
- Increased secretion of saliva
- Frequent urination
- Pain in muscles and joints
- Problem in thinking, remembering and coordination
Precautions and Warnings of Clotas 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or you conceive during the course of medication.
- You develop self-harming or suicidal thoughts after taking Clotas Tablet. Caretakers should be vigilant of any such changes in behaviour.
- You experience symptoms that persist or become worse in time.
- You experience unusual ringing in the ears, problems falling asleep, tingling sensations in your hands and feet, or any discomfort that does not go away, immediately consult your doctor or the nearest emergency hospital....
Mode of Action of Clotas 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clotas 0.25 MG
- Clotas Tablet must be taken as per the doctor’s prescription.
- Clotas Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to swallow the Clotas Tablet as a whole and do not chew, crush or break it.
- Clotas Tablet must be taken at the same time as per prescription to ensure better efficacy and benefits.
Interactions of Clotas 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Speak to your doctor about all the medications you are currently taking before starting Clotas Tablet.
- Anti Anxiety medicines, such as diazepam and alprazolam; antiparkinson medicines, like levodopa, may increase the risk of adverse effects with Clotas Tablet.
- CNS Depressant medicines may cause excessive sleepiness and lead to coma when taken with Clotas Tablet.
- Anti-HIV medicines, such as ritonavir; acidity medicines, such as cimetidine; anti-tuberculosis medicines, such as rifampicin, may increase the amount of this medicine in the blood and cause overdose symptoms....
- Anti-asthmatics, such as theophylline, when taken with Clotas Tablet, may become ineffective and not provide comprehensive benefit.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit or its juice with Clotas Tablet as it can lead to increase in levels of Clotas Md Tab in blood and cause symptoms of overdose of this medicine.